Travel (not Bike) Insurance for Over 70s

RobA

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello Friends, Can any of you who are 70 or over and still ride on the Continent, tell me who do the best deals for travel insurance when doing a bike trip (but not the bike insurance itself)? Thanks. RobA.

http://www.getgoinginsurance.co.uk/ - covers riding bikes, annual policy for 72 year old £69 (posher policies available) - very good if you have medical conditions as you can get them cleared online. I have complex problems. Premium load is £0.

I’m still happy with the Post Office travel cover

Aviva worth a go, They gave me i very good deal for this year

Dave:thumb

Thanks to Wessie for the tip here :thumb

Just got my dad insured for a bike trip at the grand age of 77 :D

Hello Friends, Can any of you who are 70 or over and still ride on the Continent, tell me who do the best deals for travel insurance when doing a bike trip (but not the bike insurance itself)? Thanks. RobA.

Try the Post Office, our friend who is 71 got cover for riding in Asia with them no problem. Also it was actually cheaper to take an annual policy than to get cover for just the trip for some strange reason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a Flex plus account with Nationwide, not only a good worldwide travel insurance for up to 75 yr old (might have to declare pre existing medical conditions and possibly pay a small premium) , also covers spouse when on trip with you but also breakdown cover and 'phone insurance. Account is £13 a month which is better than what I paid for !year policy with SAGA. The account also has fee free cash withdrawals abroad and ditto if you have their credit card(for purchases) Cheers:beerjug:John B

Back
Top Bottom