R1200RT LE (July2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One further question - has anyone switched from a GS to an RT and then gone back to a GS or do folk stick to RTs generally?

I have gone RT - GS - RT - GS. It really is what you use it for.

If doing miles on a motorway to get to a place then the RT is the best because when you get their it will still hustle on the back roads. If you intend doing back roads all the time with occasional Motorway or Autoroute then the GS.

This is all IMHO.

One further question - has anyone switched from a GS to an RT and then gone back to a GS or do folk stick to RTs generally?

I’ve switched back and forth. GSA at the moment might consider an RT in the near future. Nothing wrong with either just a common biker thing grass is always greener on the other side of the saddle. I do quite big mileage so to prevent my bike been worth nothing I convince my self to change and then go to Duffy’s and see what I can wangle. I never have a bike in mind just a deal I want. I might by a S1000XR. I’ll see what happens when my bike gets a few bits and pieces sorted. JJH

Will look at lowering the pegs.

You're right about the dealer's sales guys recommending an RT

I have the MV Motorrad footrest lowering kit on my R1200RS LC - good quality item, easy to fit.

Helli Bars and high seat perfect, leave the foot rest were the are they'll only scrape.

Mines all day comfy now .

I had lc adventure and now have an rt lc. love them both....looks and muscle of the adventure but it was too tall. the rt is so much easier to ride, manoeuvre and all round does everything I want of a bike in all the different situations.....I just don't look at it as a thing of beauty like I have with one or two of my bikes. it is a good looking bike but it wins on being so practical....I am built for comfort now and that's what the rt does in abundance.......and when for the 5% of my time I want a bit of adrenaline it is certainly up for it

1150 GS to 1200 GSA to RT Twincam to RTWC (and still my Airhead 100GS). RT (with Wunderlich lowering peg kit) suits me best - perfect for 2017 Aberdeen to Slovenia - motorways and the mountain passes. I never really got rid of the GS buffeting despite trying pretty much everything, hence much happier as an RTer. But both are great bikes..

I went 2010 GS to 2012 RT to 2016 GS. Love em all. :D
HOWEVER. The newer model has poorer the finish and general quality.

You're absolutely right.

Climbed back on to as GS today and changed my mind - doh!

Now looking for a second bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom