R1200RT LE (July2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is going to be painful but I bought this bike brand new from Williams Manchester at the end of July.

She is now at just under 4,000 miles. This will increase as still riding almost everyday.

Alpine White, Dynamic Package, Daytime riding lights, panniers (but no top box), hill start control, headlight pro, keyless, fender extender, Wunderlich engine bars and pannier bars fitted. Tracker Retrieve also fitted.

600 mile service at Williams too.

So total cost was about £17k new.

Like the bike very much and great for weather protection etc. but, on balance, I preferred the GS for everyday commute and rides out so, what do you think would be a fair price to let her go for?

I'm shite at posting photos but happy to email.

Absolutely faultless and unmarked as you'd expect.

Feel free to take the piss etc.

Not in any rush to sell so can hold on till the Spring.

So it's not for sale ? He just wants to know how much it's worth before he decides to sell it !!

That's about it, although I think it's the opinion of the UKGSER Massive that he seeks......

Just want an opinion before deciding to bend over or keep it a while longer.

Wasn't actually placing an advert at the moment.

Expected that - to be fair.

Cheers

It's in the for sale section. It should have a price or admin will remove. If advice is,sought on value then it should be placed in the appropriate bike section.

Sorry - my mistake.

Will try to move it.

Thanks for the comments though...

There’s a guy on Autotrader selling one with 120 miles on the clock for £13,995...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a quick look at that, it was registered in April and has top box and nav incl. It says SE not LE so equipment likely to be slightly lower spec.

There’s a guy on Autotrader selling one with 120 miles on the clock for £13,995...

Had a quick look at that, it was registered in April and has top box and nav incl. It says SE not LE so equipment likely to be slightly lower spec.

Good points. Good luck with your sale, by the way. It’s a lovely bike. I enjoyed my RT more than my GS overall.

Really haven't decided.

It rides great and the weather protection is brilliant. Just find the leg position a little cramped.

I found the GS more comfortable leg wise and more flickable - or so I think.

May just keep it and buy 2nd bike for days out.

I had a problem with the knee angle being too tight, the peg lowering kit from Wunderlich solved the problem.

Will look at lowering the pegs.

You're right about the dealer's sales guys recommending an RT

One further question - has anyone switched from a GS to an RT and then gone back to a GS or do folk stick to RTs generally?

The RT weighs a bit more but carries it well and gives better weather protection. Unless the weight factor was critical, I doubt if many would go back to a GS.

At this time of year I m really appreciating the RT, a comfortable sporty bike.
A twist of the light throttle gives liquid power as it rockets forwards.
I was out all day yesterday on a charity ride.
Coming home the seat heat was on max as was the grips and the Kies vest.
A lovely bike and the ergonomics really suits me.
I tell you its no harm being comfortable on a bike ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom