alasdair macleod

piggyp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi folks as a yorkshireman and a regular as in twice a year or more for 30 years ,i have not seen mention of alasdair macleod going missing from his fishing boat on monday the 20th.as most regulars will know alasdair supplied the shelfish to applecross pub.as well as being a really nice guy he was also part parcel of the pub.a well respected member of the community.hopefully he will be found.as an aside this shit news use to be a regular event in hull.

Though this is hardly local to me, from my own happy memories of visiting lovely places, particularly my mothers part of Donegal - where we've lost many family members and friends to fishing tragedies, i know that those places are as much the people as the landscape.
So i am hoping there's not the outcome that is sadly the most likely.

Hoping for the best, thanks for posting.

Shame, thats bad news.

As an ex trawler man (southern ocean), I can appreciate how dangerous it can be out there.

The cold water would have mercifully shortened his suffering.

Thoughts to his Family.

Visited the pub and campsite many times , and as one whose family buisiness is fully involved with the sea,boats , fishing boats and fishermen one can only hope , for a time that it might be ok , sadly , fish and seafood often has a larger price than ££:(

https://applecrosslifeblog.wordpress.com/2017/11/24/ali/

Sadly, although the search continues, hopes of finding him alive have faded. Ali (Snoddy) was a great bloke and a driving force for the Applecross community. Shared the craic with him many times over the years and will miss his thoughts, about politics, conservation, music and other topics. He will be greatly missed.

I haven't visited Applecross, or the Inn much these last two or three years, but was there September last year.

Sad news, sad loss indeed, lovely community. The staff at the Inn were more than merely helpful, and found a place for this old man and his dawg.

We can but hope, but methinks it might be in vain. Thoughts with the family and friends of Alasdair.

Aye sad news indeed, spoke to him albeit briefly last time I was up with you Piggyp ( George I'm guessing). Baz.

The news is saying that a body has been found. Positive identification yet to take place but it sounds like the police are confident it's Alasdair.

Back
Top Bottom