The new best road?

StevieB

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some pics of the route that will be used for the Welsh road race next year as well as some stop offs along the way

Big thanks to Mr. Powell who led this 135 mile route :bow

Abergavenny A40 up through Brecon and on through Sennybridge & Trecastle. Just as you get onto the open piece of A40 its a right for Llywel, this is the start of the MOD range road area.Then its onto this

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a7d.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a7d.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 519
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a77.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a77.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 521
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a7e.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a7e.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 534
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a7a.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a7a.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 535
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a6a.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a6a.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 523
And then......

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a6b.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a6b.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 502
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a6e.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a6e.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 493
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a66.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a66.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 483
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a74.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a74.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 466
A couple more on along Llyn Brianne reservoir

Attachments

• IMG_1809.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1852.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 510
Looks nice. Will do this next summer when down there. :beerjug:

Being from up north I'm in easy reach of a favorite of mine. Bala to Trawsfynydd along the A4212.
It's only 19 miles long but a lovely stretch of road. A recommended ride for anyone passing by.

Looks nice. Will do this next summer when down there. :beerjug:

Being from up north I'm in easy reach of a favorite of mine. Bala to Trawsfynydd along the A4212.
It's only 19 miles long but a lovely stretch of road. A recommended ride for anyone passing by.

The B4391 which takes you off the A4212 is definitely on my top 10 roads. Prefer it from Ffestiniog end heading towards Bala though. Like a bloody race track in places :D

It's not a new road though, is it

If you had a map, it's been there for probably a 100 years

Now it's been 'identified' - all the 'hard of thinking' knob heads will be razzing the tits out of it

It's not a new road though, is it

If you had a map, it's been there for probably a 100 years

Now it's been 'identified' - all the 'hard of thinking' knob heads will be razzing the tits out of it

Couldn't agree more.
So that's going to be yet another good quiet one fucked up by the sunny Sunday wankers.

So that's going to be yet another good quiet one fucked up by the sunny Sunday wankers.

It'll be great on a Spring Tuesday evening tho :beerjug:
There's tens of thousands of miles of good quiet roads, you just have to spend a few minutes looking for them. JB, you know this !

It'll be great on a Spring Tuesday evening tho :beerjug:
There's tens of thousands of miles of good quiet roads, you just have to spend a few minutes looking for them. JB, you know this !

Exactamundo. :thumb
Precisely why I like my Continental shift pattern so much. :D

Think I got done on that road , 6 points and banned :blast

now you have named the road they will be waiting to catch you ...they will say its because there have been accidents on that road ,just make sure you know the speed limit ! we have had this where we live. money making police force and the old locals love to help out

There are hundreds of good roads in Wales.

Just ride them and enjoy, some people think too much.

JB - New road as in the first pic, I'm referring to the black stuff here fella. Map, Yup used & owned a couple in my time but prefer the more modern methods nowadays, however, big fan of having the "mark 1" skills, so to speak. ID'ing the road, just trying to share a bit with like minded people buddy, if thats not right then what would be the purpose of this forum.

Happy days! :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom