A M S Motorcycles

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well they won't be getting my business after being ignored for at least 20 minutes today! :mad:
I was in their showroom looking at new 390 and 690 Dukes with the intent of paying in whole for a brand new one this afternoon. I was there in my Motorhome to " test fit " whichever one would go in the best and............ nothing.
I could hear "salesmen" upstairs laughing and joking with each other but not one of the miserable sods could be bothered to come downstairs to see me. I'm certainly not running round after them!
And then, someone emerges from an office off the showroom floor, walks right past me, and disappeared through another door at the back. Didn't say a fucking word to me! Didn't even acknowledge my presence!
Un fucking real! I was stood there with £7500 in my pocket and get ignored. :nenau
Not the best way to keep a dealership going is it! Wankers.

Let's see how the dealership in Peterborough do next weekend!

I use AMS for parts and they've always been brilliant :nenau

Well they won't be getting my business after being ignored for at least 20 minutes today! :mad:
I was in their showroom looking at new 390 and 690 Dukes with the intent of paying in whole for a brand new one this afternoon. I was there in my Motorhome to " test fit " whichever one would go in the best and............ nothing.
I could hear "salesmen" upstairs laughing and joking with each other but not one of the miserable sods could be bothered to come downstairs to see me. I'm certainly not running round after them!
And then, someone emerges from an office off the showroom floor, walks right past me, and disappeared through another door at the back. Didn't say a fucking word to me! Didn't even acknowledge my presence!
Un fucking real! I was stood there with £7500 in my pocket and get ignored. :nenau

That’s a shame.
They done me a good deal recently.

I’m one of the types that keep me head down when I go into a shop. Want to look at things in my order, and my pace.

However, when that’s done and I need help, i am more than happy to stand in the middle of a group of salesman chatting to each other. Then ask if someone can serve me.

Bet you never buy a drink in a crowded bar.

I usually find that if I approach a salesman and just say the words "excuse me" that is all that is needed to get all the help I require. It is such a simple process, they get a sale, I leave with what I want and the world is full of fluffy bunnies.

Conversely I could just stand around avoiding eye contact, get ignored, get offended that they don't realise my importance and storm off in a huff. They don't get a sale, I don't get what I want and the world is full of cnuts.

I would guess that in a motorcycle dealers they must get an enormous amount of tyre kickers just popping in for a look. Might explain the need to pipe up if help is required. Try it...and get those bunnies back in your life.

I’ve always found them very helpful. Have been to Premier Bikes in Didcot today because they have some amazing offers on.

Darren was very helpful as he was last time I dealt with him.

I’ve always found them very helpful. Have been to Premier Bikes in Didcot today because they have some amazing offers on.

Darren was very helpful as he was last time I dealt with him.

I was in there earlier today too :D

I'm tempted by a new 390 duke now that they've dropped the price for a zero mileage pre-registered one to £3099

Two years of bouncing it off the rev limiter in every gear then throw it in the bin :clap

I'm wondering if KTM will drop the price of the 690 Duke next year when the 790 Duke comes out :rolleyes:

Hello,

Sorry you felt this was the case, it would not have been intentional. There are occasions when staff are busy with customers and on the phone, again no excuse but can be an issue.

Apologies once again and if we can do anything to rectify the situation please don't hesitate to call me or drop me an email - james@ams4ktm.co.uk

Regards

James @ AMS

Give Martin a ring at Trevor Pope - pleasure to deal with.

On another note - if I'm serious about buying something and want to try it out - I'll phone and make an appointment... Then you are guaranteed the attention you need ..... Just turning up is always risky - ( having said that... I bought my last three bikes after just turning up......)

I was in there earlier today too :D

I'm tempted by a new 390 duke now that they've dropped the price for a zero mileage pre-registered one to £3099

Two years of bouncing it off the rev limiter in every gear then throw it in the bin :clap

I'm wondering if KTM will drop the price of the 690 Duke next year when the 790 Duke comes out :rolleyes:

A 390 Wont get any cheaper than they are now @ £3099 for a new 2017 Pre-Registered. Currently 690 Dukes are £1000 off @ £6699

James

Hello,

Sorry you felt this was the case, it would not have been intentional. There are occasions when staff are busy with customers and on the phone, again no excuse but can be an issue.

Apologies once again and if we can do anything to rectify the situation please don't hesitate to call me or drop me an email - james@ams4ktm.co.uk

Regards

James @ AMS

Nice one. I actually like space to look around without a salesman hovering. I’d more inclined to leave if I felt pressured. JJH

A 390 Wont get any cheaper than they are now @ £3099 for a new 2017 Pre-Registered. Currently 690 Dukes are £1000 off @ £6699

James

I'm not expecting a 390 to get any cheaper James but I think there is more to be had on the 690 when the 790 hits the showroom floors

What do you think? :nenau

Hello,

Regards

James @ AMS

There were NO other customers in the whole showroom. I was on my own. The phone didn't even ring. I could hear the salesmen upstairs chatting and laughing with each other. The icing on the cake was when another staff member walked straight past me and completely ignored me! Not a hello or can I help? I really shouldn't have to go chasing someone to deal with. Piss poor service I'm afraid. I was stood there with the money.
Saying that, It may have been a one off because others on here talk highly of you. Doesn't change the fact that I walked straight out the door without handing the cash over though.
There wasn't ANY price tag on the 390 either? Certainly not one saying it was £3099!

There were NO other customers in the whole showroom. I was on my own. The phone didn't even ring. I could hear the salesmen upstairs chatting and laughing with each other. The icing on the cake was when another staff member walked straight past me and completely ignored me! Not a hello or can I help? I really shouldn't have to go chasing someone to deal with. Piss poor service I'm afraid. I was stood there with the money.
Saying that, It may have been a one off because others on here talk highly of you. Doesn't change the fact that I walked straight out the door without handing the cash over though.
There wasn't ANY price tag on the 390 either? Certainly not one saying it was £3099!

I have checked back at the CCTV and there were 3 customers upstairs with 2 members of staff. The member off staff that walked passed you was on the way to the bathroom and hence never stopped, must have been urgent !

Again we apologise but I'm afraid something's we are caught out and can be short of staff, but we can't leave customers mid serving them it's not how we do business. You were noted as being downstairs, and when a member of staff was free and came down you had already left. If you had made a quick trip up the stairs you would have noticed all other members of staff were busy and mid conversation, myself being one.

Again we apologise, but don't fee it's appropriate to be called wa****s !

As a gesture of goodwill I will offer a £100 store credit on top of either the 390/690 offering for you to make a return trip.

James @ AMS

Seems very fair, and a nice gesture..... Perfect.

I have checked back at the CCTV and there were 3 customers upstairs with 2 members of staff. The member off staff that walked passed you was on the way to the bathroom and hence never stopped, must have been urgent !

Again we apologise but I'm afraid something's we are caught out and can be short of staff, but we can't leave customers mid serving them it's not how we do business. You were noted as being downstairs, and when a member of staff was free and came down you had already left. If you had made a quick trip up the stairs you would have noticed all other members of staff were busy and mid conversation, myself being one.

As a gesture of goodwill I will offer a £100 store credit on top of either the 390/690 offering for you to make a return trip.

James @ AMS

James @ AMS

Udders .... You can't ask for mush more than that! A public apology and a £100 in your pocket!! I'd be calling in tomorrow if it was me ... !!

Udders .... You can't ask for mush more than that! A public apology and a £100 in your pocket!! I'd be calling in tomorrow if it was me ... !!

If it was me I'd feel a bit embarrassed about making a bit of a charlie of myself :D

So would l. Any possibility that if I called in that I could be left alone for a few minutes if I call in say tomorrow? JJH

Back
Top Bottom