International Event?

The address is
Treillou
Valeilles
France

Very roughly, it's between Bordeaux and Toulouse. Nearest big town is Agen. We are between two small villages of Dausse and Valeilles. It will be sign posted from both those villages. It's alongside a big lake, Lac Riconne.

I will be travelling via the tunnel on the 15th approx 11:00am ish. Very loose plan to avoid Paris and take Troyes,Bourges, Limoges route, unless someone can advise better alternative. Will be camping first night around Troyes area, although I did have an idea of visiting the tank museum at Cambrai originally. Let me know if anyone would like to join me for the trip South
you will be more than welcome.

I would have loved to come but only appointment I can get with my bloody doctor is on the Friday evening which rules it out for me :(

Hope everyone has a great one and its repeated next year.

I can’t make this one, Sid, but if you’re doing another one next year, I’ll plan my annual jaunt to Europe around it :thumb

Big thanks to Sid and Ann for Le Weekend and the warm welcome. Thanks to Simon for the cooking and good to meet Mick, John and Carl, have a good ride back. Thanks, Colin and Karon

Awesome weekend. Great food, great company and great ride outs. Thanks to all who made the effort to come.
Next years event will be on 19-21 st July 2019.

Big thanks to Anne for the weekend and for making me feel like one of the family. I have to mention his excellency Montague de Quercy and his noble valet Jonny Wilco for organising the ride outs which were superb (hope to meet up nearer home). Great to meet with Colin and Karon who unbelievably lived less than 3 miles away back home. Must mention Nigel who gave up a large part of his weekend cooking for us all, thanks it really was appreciated. And finally Sid, thanks for putting on the weekend I had a fantastic time and hope to see you next year.
Carl P

Thank you Ann Sid and Simon for the entertainment, fun and food at this marvellous event. I think the date was hard for the usual crowd to attend, but yer missed a cracker!!. The area is just a few notches higher than stunning. Sid and Anns home is delightfully set near to big sheds of stuff to play with and a whopping big pool. It was needed as the tep was into the 30s Its their first year there so a few learning lessons were needed and will be adapted for next doo for sure. - like wheres the beer and wine Sid?. Me and me mate John loved it all and will be back again next year, If we can get. Local towns had events and bands on every night of the week in their respective town squares and the Dausse one was brill.I am taking my lovely wife Janet back down in a few week to help get more knowledge of the region. There are two stunning hilltop Bastids to tour in Penne D Agenais and Touron
Met some of the "locals" which was also extremely interesting for more advice - because they dint know me and John we could tell um a story or few = It were brill. I / we all got on well and made friendships that will grow. Carl and Col, lovely Karon and "the lads" Peter and Martin and Rachel. Not forgetting "the International group"
Sorry no photo's only great memory's = and more stories
Thanks again all

You may see me down your way very soon Sid.
Its chuckin it down and cold in chezzer. John has not shut up talking about the event and just for info = we drove from 2hrs south of the french/Spanish border =(Sort) to chezzer in about 20hrs

I had a camera nutty. On me phone
All pictures turned out fuzzy and out of focus. I couldn't tell at the time = As I had a few drinks too many, on more than a few days too.
"No picture would justify the experience anyway" = As good as any in Devon and may be better next year (I think Sid and Anne are doing one but dont want to pressure them). We went to Oradour Sur Glane on the way there - popped along to Rocamadour for a days rideout and did the local mini mountain Bastides another day.
Menu de jour was eaten in Montaigu de Quercy. Only downers on the event was the weather which was a tadge warm = easily rectified by a dip in the pool. Also the fish in "Sids pond" didnt play right for me, Sid can catch um though !!

Back
Top Bottom