Boots rubbing frame

Eunuch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A bit surprised to see this on the LHS frame after only 1,300 miles, particularly when that's been wearing touring Daytona Roadstar GTX leather boots which have soft leather on the side facing the frame.

i-wvhVzVp-XL.png

A brief test ride checking out feet positioning shows I ride with heels close to the frame, but nonetheless I wasn't quite expecting that so soon.

I'll mention it to the dealer and see where that goes.

After a brief search the only frame protectors I can see are Touratech which fit across the 1050/1090/1190/1290 range. Salty £91 though.

Anyone else had this and if so how did you address it?

Cheers.

Having seen your frame I have bought a set of THESE to try.

May not last forever, but those Touratech things look horrible and cost a fortune, so I'll take my chances replacing them once a season.

Noticed on my 1190 that the surface of the paint had gotten slightly marked early on and so put some helicopter tape over the area which I have changed once since. Now done 9,00miles and no issue.

Having had several GS's with much worse quality paint you tend to watch out for where this may be a problem and take precautions ;)

Mucho Gracias for the suggestions.

I might try SPL's cheap and cheerful carbon look. Got to be worth a punt at £2.86 for a set!

I guess I just have goofy feet and it doesn't bother anyone else. TBF, happened all the time when I was offroading but I could easily blame the boots.

I just put helicopter tape on when the bike was delivered. It’s even cheaper than that stuff, and you can’t even tell it’s on there. ;)

Back
Top Bottom