Less than 1 week till collection GT

nice1myson

Reaction score
Pick the GT up (window shopper is her new name :blast ) next friday or saturday morning :D . is it worth changing the exhaust if so which one , which sat nav best fits with the ktm sat nav bracket , and lastly is the ergo seat worth it :thumb2 ......i have purchased some handguards for the colder weather riding , and hoping to get 1st service done before xmas arrives , think im gonna enjoy the window shopper :beerjug:

SEAT: The stock seat is like a plank after a couple hundred miles, usually after 200 i cannot feel my arse and feck knows how i did 600 miles in one hit but i can tell ya my arse felt wrecked, i have the ergo and they offer more comfort but there slightly thicker so means i cannot touch the floor so never use and still boxed, I now apply some pressure with my toes/feet on the pegs to ease my arse on long hauls.

SAT-NAV BRACKET: i use the ktm bracket for my tom-tom rider and its fine, never had a problem, its positioned above the clocks and does not vibrate.

EXHAUST: you can de-bung the original to sound like my akro, the original has the baffle in the bottom of the can and bods on the forums use a dremel to cut the collar and pull it out from the bottom, alternative look on ebay, any end can that fits a SDR will fit the GT, i won a brand new akro that was listed for a SDR at a bargain price.

BEST MOD: 40T rear sprox, works really well with the shifter because stock gearing makes the Qshifter change feel delayed and the 40t sprox seems to speed up the operation of the Qshifter, rich@redine also agreed with me on the shifter change being delayed.

HAND GUARDS: if you buy the Ktm adv ones they might touch on lock, i have TT rises and my bars are in the position nearest to the tank (i think theres 3 positions on the top yoke) and there absolutely fine.

Theres a couple of dedicated forums with a GT section: Adventure rider / ktmforum.co.uk (this one is particular quite) / ktm super twins (plenty of info)

Get rid of the emissions crap under the rear seat and it frees up loads of space, I've done quite a few mods and they have made the bike a real joy to own .

SEAT: The stock seat is like a plank after a couple hundred miles, usually after 200 i cannot feel my arse and feck knows how i did 600 miles in one hit but i can tell ya my arse felt wrecked, i have the ergo and they offer more comfort but there slightly thicker so means i cannot touch the floor so never use and still boxed, I've adapted and apply some pressure with my feet to ease my arse off the seats on long hauls.

SAT-NAV BRACKET: i use the ktm bracket for my tom-tom rider and its fine, never had a problem, its positioned above the clocks and does not vibrate.

EXHAUST: you can de-bung the original to sound like my akro, the original has the baffle in the bottom of the can and bods on the forums use a dremel to cut the collar and pull it out from the bottom, alternative look on ebay, any end can that fits a SDR will fit the GT, i won a brand new akro that was listed for a SDR at a bargain price.

BEST MOD: 40T rear sprox, works really well with the shifter because stock gearing makes the Qshifter change feel delayed and the 40t sprox seems to speed up the operation of the Qshifter, rich@redine also agreed with me on the shifter change being delayed.

HAND GUARDS: if you buy the Ktm adv ones they might touch on lock, i have TT rises and my bars are in the position nearest to the tank (i think theres 3 positions on the top yoke) and there absolutely fine.

Theres a couple of dedicated forums with a GT section: Adventure rider / ktmforum.co.uk (this one is particular quite) / ktm super twins (plenty of info)

Get rid of the emissions crap under the rear seat and it frees up loads of space, I've done quite a few mods and they have made the bike a real joy to own .

cheers for that mate shall get used to it then start making little changes as i go along :beerjug: certainly gonna put some miles on her

All picked up , great service from redline motorcycles in loughborough ..:beerjug:
She is fooking great, comfy, fast , heated grips great in this weather and sounds great even with stock can , i am going to wash the (window shopperref warlord)bike, tomoz acf50 her and then enjoy and get to know the bike better on sunday :thumb

Think the gsxr1000r could be retired :blast

Back
Top Bottom