New to biking

theangrybeard

Reaction score
Hello!
Having been harassed for a while by adventure biking friends who told me that two wheels was a better way for me to experience the back roads of Scotland I have finally joined the fold.
Been following the thread for a while so thought it was about time I said hello.
Did a DAS course through BMW rider training in Royston in October which despite my occasional brain fart really gave me a great introduction to riding, allowing me to make it through my mod 1&2 first time. (I live in Aberdeenshire, but have had a nightmare trying to find rider training that fits in with shifts and the weather was turning so worked it in with a trip South).
Having been torn between a 800gs and triumph tiger 800xc, learning on the 700 and being able to try an 800 there when most businesses insurances meant a while till I could take a test ride sold me and I'm now the proud owner of a 4 year old 800gs purchased from Allan Jeffries.
Managed to put a few hundred miles on so far, but the poor weather has held up play, an ACF 50 treatment is forthcoming and a maintainance charger have been purchased to maximise winter protection.
Will be looking to enjoy any good weather for plays locally and longer adventures in Scotland and further afield, with a decent set up already for touring, with maybe some more to be added.
Got some knowledgeable friends, but am looking forward to tapping into the fountain of knowledge on here and looking enviously at others adventures.
Apologies for the long hello, have a great ride!

Welcome, well done, enjoy the bike and many happy, safe miles riding it. :beerjug:

A whole new world awaits you ... !

Safely make the most of it ... :thumb2

Welcome on board @theangrybeard. The most beautiful part of the country is at your doorstep, so get out there and enjoy :thumb Ride Safe. Wish you many safe happy miles.

Welcome aboard AngryBeard but don't just be waiting for the good weather, concentrate more on the good times and plenty miles'n smiles :thumby:

:beerjug:

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you bought the best training money can buy ... Now you can enjoy the high-grade roads/views of Caledonia.

4-year-old F800GS... :D. Personally, I think they are better than the new 2018 ones ! ( Would you rather your engine was born in Austria or China?)
An underrated bike....

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you bought the best training money can buy ... Now you can enjoy the high-grade roads/views of Caledonia.

4-year-old F800GS... :D. Personally, I think they are better than the new 2018 ones ! ( Would you rather your engine was born in Austria or China?)
An underrated bike....

Did I tell you I'm just nudging 135,000 miles on mine now :D

:beerjug:

Hi and welcome I've had a bike licence for 40 years this month but I'm still learning Take it steady,enjoy and get all the training you can:rob

This place......fountain of knowledge.......don’t make I laff.

They’re all a bunch of tossers but welcome anyway.

Back
Top Bottom