First service cost... Ouch!

With my Kawasaki ZZR1400 Performance Sport, brand new delivered to my house with 3 miles on the clock.

I rejected it under the Sales of Goods and Services Act. 2 months legal battle ensued with supplying dealer.

Self Represented and settled out of court with a full service and PDI from Kawasaki UK, Free extended warranty, and £650 cash compensation because the supplying dealer lied on the PDI Documents.

So 'timid' I'm not.

Why would I ride 200+ mile round trip (scenic route so it isnt tiresome) just to get a free service that I did myself for £50.

The dealer paid £3200 off my bike. Full tank of fuel and 12 months road tax.

So no... I didn't ask for a free service, because they had done enough already.

So shut up.

I understand that you might not want to ride it a hundred miles to get the free service.
(At least we don’t have to watch the rear facing video of you doing it !!!)

You describe that well, but of course
(i)It doesn’t explain why others aren’t negotiating it as part of their deal. (The thread:blast)
(ii) when you come to sell the bike you’ll be competing against bikes that have a full service book of dealer stamps. I’d take that into consideration if that’s your plan.

Charles, stop being a condescending pretentious twat.

The dealer I bought mine off was 100 miles away. I've got absolutely no intention of ever seeing them again.

Why would I ride 200+ mile round trip (scenic route so it isnt tiresome) just to get a free service that I did myself for £50.

So shut up.

:beerjug: saved me typing it out.

In both of your posts you make it sound like you are of superior intellect in negotiating a free service when some people clearly didn't, but every deal is different . Perhaps these bods got a much better overall cost to change deal than you or maybe some FREE Kit thrown in or perhaps even both. :nenau

I think you’ve inadvertently made my point for me !

It’s nothing to do with intellect ... (just ask the question or walk away )
(I honestly can’t believe that there is a thread about the cost of a service that should be included)

Why wouldn’t you ask for the clothing/kit, discount AND first service ?

Charles, stop being a twat.

The dealer I bought mine off was 100 miles away. I've got absolutely no intention of ever seeing them again.

So shut up.

+1

Back in the 1990s I commuted on a weekly basis. Traffic got so bad I looked at going back to bikes. Choice was BMW 1150 in GS or RT flavour or a Honda VFR or Pan Euro.
Honda had closer service intervals at higher costs and at my expected mileage an annual £500 bill to have the valve clearances looked at.
Oh don’t worry they never need adjustment.

At that the whole idea got canned because Mrs thought I’d kill myself. It wasn’t worth the aggro to continue.
My point -
Check the likely service costs. The BMW was considerably better than Honda. Topped off with a pointless valve check Honda put themselves out.
A few years later I was on a Yamaha Diversion 900. Not a glamorous bike but valve clearance did not need adjustment until 70K miles.
Just FYI I did the valves on my st 1300 at 24k. And every one was bang on the centre 👍 Quite incredible engineering, great pity that V4 engine was not more widely used .

I think you’ve made my point for me !

(I honestly can’t believe that there is a thread about the cost of a service that should be included)

Mine would have been a good 500 mile round trip for a service at the dealer I bought the bike from, so no, I did not ask for a free one.. Also, the thread helped me save about £70 by finding out what other people are paying for a service and helping me realise I have been ripped, so worth the thread for me, and you don't have to read it...

This thread seems a lot of quibbling over what is ,in effect some loose change :D

This thread seems a lot of quibbling over what is ,in effect some loose change

I think most of us try to drive a great deAl on the bike that , as you say , a couple of hundred quid , if that , is a bit of a piss take .

I saved£2k on my Rallye (pre regd) so didn’t want to be cheeky asking for more discount .

Warlord ... what was wrong with the ZZR , I’m curious now ...

The supplying dealers delivered my bike and I could tell they hadn't done a pre delivery inspection on it.

It boiled my piss because its a 205 BHP hyperbike and they couldn't be arsed to make sure it was safe for me to ride.

Normally I'd let it go and do it myself, but this one time I'd had enough... so I let rip and burned them and their legal team to the ground.

They hadn't even registered my bike with Datatag. Falsified PDI document post the event and lied all the way through.

It was also embarrasing for Kawasaki UK as they were unaware of this piss poor dealer and visited them for 'training'

But most dealers I have a good experience.

The supplying dealers delivered my bike and I could tell they hadn't done a pre delivery inspection on it.

It boiled my piss because its a 205 BHP hyperbike and they couldn't be arsed to make sure it was safe for me to ride.

Normally I'd let it go and do it myself, but this one time I'd had enough... so I let rip and burned them and their legal team to the ground.

They hadn't even registered my bike with Datatag. Falsified PDI document post the event and lied all the way through.

It was also embarrasing for Kawasaki UK as they were unaware of this piss poor dealer and visited them for 'training'

Thanks !

I think you’ve inadvertently made my point for me !

Now you are being a tw*t . How do you know they didn't !!??

I did not inadvertently make your point for you , you chose not to listen to mine . Why should it be included ? Everybody has to make a few quid yet you seem to believe the dealer should give ALL his margin away .

Here the opposing point of view ;

Q. How do you know if someone paid too much for their new bike ?
A. The dealer happily chucked in a FREE service when asked .

I might be right , you might be right . Only the dealer will know .

Back
Top Bottom