Moto Scotland Inveraray

KAYCEE

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Very sad to hear that Moto Scotland are ceasing to offer off-road training in Inveraray at the end of the year.

According to their website, "this is due to an ever-changing range of unforeseen external factors that are beyond their control".

Not only will the Moto Scotland team be impacted on, but I'll bet that a few other local businesses will suffer.

Having met Clive a few times, I can imagine that he fought hard to keep the business viable and that the decision to close was not taken lightly.

Yes saw this on Facebook. I can only imagine maybe he has lost the right of access to the riding ground they used. I guess he may be able to start elsewhere but they are selling off a lot of their gear so maybe not.
Let's hope he can restart somewhere.

That's bad news, been up there a couple of times and was hoping to do the level 3 course next spring. Clive and Donna had a great setup in a superb environment.
:mad:

Must be a fair loss to the local economy, hotels etc, especially in the low and mid tourist seasons.

I don’t think it’s about viability. My understanding is that the venue will no longer be available to them after the end of this year. Gutted for Donna and Clive. Really nice couple grafting to build up a business and help the local economy.

Sad day indeed, i did the course a couple of years or so ago, best money i ever spent. Had me doing stuff i would never have thought i could do with my lardy arse :D:thumb2

heard its to do with land rights n certain people complaining ..ie farmers in the area ..

Land belongs to the Duke of Argyll and all the activity we took part in was in the estate apart from transiting on the road for a short distance to access one part of the estate. We rode on forestry tracks and in a couple of quarries. Never saw a vehicle on the tracks. To be upset someone must have had a thin skin and a good set of binoculars:D

Land belongs to the Duke of Argyll and all the activity we took part in was in the estate apart from transiting on the road for a short distance to access one part of the estate. We rode on forestry tracks and in a couple of quarries. Never saw a vehicle on the tracks. To be upset someone must have had a thin skin and a good set of binoculars:D

Well Sue and misen were walking on one of the lower tracks (half a mile away) in to Inveraray and we could hear quite plainly all the goings on ... effin' this and effin' that, all clearly in a southern Oirish (read Cork) accent :aidan

.... all because a certain little lady was sat on her arse, in a puddle, up to her naval :D

:beerjug:

Well Sue and misen were walking on one of the lower tracks (half a mile away) in to Inveraray and we could hear quite plainly all the goings on ... effin' this and effin' that, all clearly in a southern Oirish (read Cork) accent :aidan

.... all because a certain little lady was sat on her arse, in a puddle, up to her naval :D

:beerjug:

Oi! That’s me you’re talking about :D

Back
Top Bottom