Keis heated trousers

mw3230

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about adding some heated trousers to supplement my X25 heated jacket.

So far the reviews I’ve found are not at all complimentary. Has anyone any experiences to share - good or bad

Thanks

I don't know about the Keis trousers, but be careful. I saw a documentary once where this bloke got the wrong trousers and things went very wrong.

Luckily, he was rescued by his very clever dog, Grommit, that could read, drive a van and stuff. Scary!

Last edited:
Got two pairs - only had one issue of a cable breaking when I stuffed my leg in the wrong way - replaced without quibble under warranty by Motohaus.
Only ever had them above minimum once and that was going through the Alps in December last year at stupid o’clock in the morning.
Only “issue” in use for me personally is if you link the insoles to them then they are on the same level as the trousers. Which for me can be shit as nerve damage/circulation issues means sometimes I want my feet toasty.
Hopefully Motohaus have taken onboard the stuff they asked from me as a long term user in their newer versions and added a dual controller on the trousers, put it in a better place, moved the junction box from the front hip, etc.
Minor stuff but can be a pain.
Have had Exo2 and Gerbing but the Keis is far better and warmer.
One thing to note if you use the jacket - with the new Rukka stretch cuffs it can be uncomfortable as they are bloody snug but useable unlike the Gerbing which you struggle to even get under them.

Got two pairs - only had one issue of a cable breaking when I stuffed my leg in the wrong way - replaced without quibble under warranty by Motohaus.
Only ever had them above minimum once and that was going through the Alps in December last year at stupid o’clock in the morning.
Only “issue” in use for me personally is if you link the insoles to them then they are on the same level as the trousers. Which for me can be shit as nerve damage/circulation issues means sometimes I want my feet toasty.
Hopefully Motohaus have taken onboard the stuff they asked from me as a long term user in their newer versions and added a dual controller on the trousers, put it in a better place, moved the junction box from the front hip, etc.
Minor stuff but can be a pain.
Have had Exo2 and Gerbing but the Keis is far better and warmer.
One thing to note if you use the jacket - with the new Rukka stretch cuffs it can be uncomfortable as they are bloody snug but useable unlike the Gerbing which you struggle to even get under them.

Thanks for that

I would advocate using a separate controller for different items if you have them.

Like Hammy, I have Keis insoles and find they need to be run hotter than other items. Not tried their heated trousers but if I needed them, I would trust the brand as my other Keis items are excellent. Amazing amount of heat for a tiny current draw.

I have the separate controllers to run the trousers, etc independently
Mounted on the bars.
Easy to run the jackets, trousers, etc on their own.
Again - hopefully they'll sort the issues out in the new generation ones and allow independent control.
I have on pair of the trousers with the inbuilt controller and one without (as they were daft money online)

Keis seem to sell two versions of the heated trousers - one with a controller, and one without. The price difference is only £10 so it seems obvious to go for the controllable choice. I've been more than happy with the Keis products I've bought so far. I'm very tempted

"Dear Santa Claus, I'm suffering from cold legs and I wonder if you can help ...."

The “issue” with té one with the controller is where it is.
With Rukka and their stupid “not actually a 360• degree zip” you can bring it out over the top of the trousers and it just about comes out under the jacket.
Using it in the move though is almost impossible.
With HG you can’t.

Back
Top Bottom