What size numberplate fits the r&g side numberplate bracket??

markyb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi I’ve just ordered one of these and want to organise a number plate, does anyone on here have one? If so what size plate fits as the standard one would be like a windbreaker, also what aftermarket mirrors are people using?

Thanks

the std road plate size is 9 x 7, it is a tad on the larger size for a side mount if you want to go smaller just beware of plod ! having said that I saw an R9T with a black and white one on in the summer which was 6 x 4 looked ace but was illegal due to the fonts being under size and not spaced correctly

Best mirrors are at Rizoma

Ok I’ll prob take a risk with the plate, got away with it on my harley and sport bikes, I’ll check out Rizoma, thanks for the help

Hi I’ve just ordered one of these and want to organise a number plate, does anyone on here have one? If so what size plate fits as the standard one would be like a windbreaker, also what aftermarket mirrors are people using?

Thanks

Here is an image of my one with a slightly smaller plate and the Rizoma bar end mirrors.

Attachments

• 6139DE07-068D-4146-9B30-9FDFFC277142.jpg
    6139DE07-068D-4146-9B30-9FDFFC277142.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 304
6x4 on mine with Rizoma side mount.

Attachments

• AD30B800-C958-4362-B2B1-FDCBF0F7E993.jpg
    AD30B800-C958-4362-B2B1-FDCBF0F7E993.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 273
I have to say it and many will not like it, but sidemounts should be left with choppers of the 70`s, not on pretend hipster bollocks of the 2010`s.
They look complete and utter shite and all out of proportion, they make me laugh out loud.
Piss poor on all counts.
Get over your fucking selves and do it properly.
Wankers.

No need for rudeness, profanity and causing offence when it could so easily have been stated much more succinctly.

I don`t know how, it is what I know, if it offends you, then so be it.
Should it be more like.....Your side mounted number plate looks like shit and you must be a complete imbecile for wanting it to look like that??? I have no idea, throw me a fucking bone here......

Well, I’ve gotta say I’m no big lover of side mounts but these do look pretty good, also tidies the rear end up, wouldn’t put one on my Turban tho

I have to say it and many will not like it, but sidemounts should be left with choppers of the 70`s, not on pretend hipster bollocks of the 2010`s.
They look complete and utter shite and all out of proportion, they make me laugh out loud.
Piss poor on all counts.
Get over your fucking selves and do it properly.
Wankers.

Wot he said.

Can anybody explain to me why if your bike is slightly older you can have your side plated number

A
ABC

But if new it must be...

A12
ABC

It cannot be the ANPR cameras, as the older plates are ok.

:nenau

I guess it’s like having all the ‘adventure’ gear on a gs that does a couple of thousand miles a year on sunny weekends and to the shops but people add all the shit as that’s what they like and in their opinion looks good? Full adventure style panniers to carry nothing?

Can anybody explain to me why if your bike is slightly older you can have your side plated number

A
ABC

But if new it must be...

A12
ABC

It cannot be the ANPR cameras, as the older plates are ok.

:nenau

For vehicles with new or replacement number plates fitted after 31.8.2001, “3-line” number plates are no longer permitted - seehttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/207546/V796.pdf

I guess it’s like having all the ‘adventure’ gear on a gs that does a couple of thousand miles a year on sunny weekends and to the shops but people add all the shit as that’s what they like and in their opinion looks good? Full adventure style panniers to carry nothing?

It's your bike - do what you like with it and sod the naysayers - it would be so boring if we all held the same opinions, or stopped doing something because of what others think.

Back
Top Bottom