Fitting Denali Lights to the standard BMW plastic bracket?

Well that went South quickly:D
To the OP, once you have sorted out the installation can you post on the forum step by step instructions? :thumb

Even better he could post the instructions that come with the bracket. Now that would be awesome.

DLDSzt9XYwna1yjNzRrFOdY9qJA4XT_tZB8C5l3SMwkr0yFmOG_i0peNyUQBwUlRfKRpaiJqvlxyoSDc9ECcE-vKAZEoaLJcgZNvYIrPOpxe64aqeHEAZ_nWIjGCQa98PchfPQOKmH6GoGto3huyJa4G7ww449SokY6_XslELQd-UvwP-9Cw_GCq9SaJ9GjqWIJgR56YuI57Q44kewMBMwXC0y93tnchYkPqf2DpcVgQeyrmAaulHFgWXEHTKaatnwzM3r7X6EJIiuIsDuvEAqwEkyndypBeU8UgMGzwoyLxdQJRn3oSB0XAO46kNBQLsALHwiZCIH61x-v8Gf3qDET9pn67-QOHeWX6n4sukCOoBkqkSGVpsGKZMmvkZfszKPqIK2zumri8CnW40cV1WIGUNBvA0nOqi_7DaqTgW8i5Jz3H1LnApLtTOgrEAzHZQRbujVYA-zvFsUfgsQyXBa1NescS0aeC1Cwd9Z4Y869knTP9UGGOxNxXbGJAv0ZPArvLRckhnVuWY-v7BScKBC2R5bBl_2iWSsShmyPN2M128Ow8rwzdIC0I3RVB_88OSvy06XAt102qrbFe9v2iMBwIaXx0d1RYTSyNFyjKDPNcY-BLFI_TBJDqXuZm2ReIAtKT=w458-h202-no

Sorry to hear that, you have managed to find something that I have not been able to, and yet you are not willing to share with me. I am deeply upset by that. You have knowledge but are not prepared to share with us. I will look again and if I do manage to locate it, then I will share for the benefit of others, so they too can decide to take advantage or not. I do not look for glory or recognition but aim for the benefit of everyone in this community. Yours Carlos

Carlos,

If you are using Google Chrome right click on the image and ask Google to look for it - click on the images and you'll find a few re-sellers. None in the UK that I saw but all much cheaper that the R&G item.

Thanks guys, these are exactly what I am looking for, however the price is putting me off. Aim was to save money not spend even more. It would be cheaper to remove the plastic mount and put an aftermarket one on. Unless I can make some, if I do then I will let you know, appreciate the feedback from you.

Hi guys, I would think there must be an easy fix for these, I think a small bit of thick walled box section & a few minutes with a drill & Hacksaw would see a reasonable result.

Hi guys, I would think there must be an easy fix for these, I think a small bit of thick walled box section & a few minutes with a drill & Hacksaw would see a reasonable result.

That is not a bad idea, on the look out now for the right size box section....

fitted at last...

Right, finally fitted the Denali lights today...

I sourced the brackets from the Adventure bike shop - none of the other Denali suppliers even bothered to reply to me

The guy was really helpful, they came within a week and less than half what R&G were quoting. https://www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk - Recommended

The brackets are really for the GS Adventure as they fit on the crash bars, so to fit the plastic mount, I just had to buy some lower profile bolts.

I wired directly to the battery, so the wiring was a nightmare, had to take off all the bodywork. Live trigger wire was taken from the back light - Grey & Red with yellow flashes, under the back seat.

Took me nearly all day, if you want an easy job, get BMW to fit the standard ones! although these worked out at half the BMW price. enjoy the pictures....

PS thanks to fredarooney for the tip

Attachments

• DSC_6816.jpg
    DSC_6816.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 660
  • DSC_6818.jpg
    DSC_6818.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 588
  • DSC_6823.jpg
    DSC_6823.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 582
  • DSC_6815.jpg
    DSC_6815.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 670
Bought the lights from the bike show - last years model, about £200, kit included switches and wiring, plus bought the bracket @ £30. Had the plastic light holder already, new OEM parts are about £50.

The new versions of Denali has dim / dip but to get that to work you really need the Denali can smart loom and that is another £200+. I could not justify this.

The switch was difficult to position - In the end I put it underneath the left hand switch gear, you cannot see it but can be reached easily enough. Latest version has a better switch.

lets see how long they last! supposed to be waterproof

OK, I will start this on the understanding I’m not very ‘handy’ and unlike the pillock who commented earlier, I consider if you are a member of a forum with other enthusiasts, it is fine to ask questions, so here goes...

I wish to replace my 2017 BMW lights with the Denali D4 units (link below), but can I just change the head unit with little extra work, or is it a case of the whole wiring harness etc?

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/341139

In theory. yes. in practise you do need to be a bit 'handy' in the electronics front as the connections will be completely different. That is why I went for a new loom, taking the can bus out of the equation. I also wanted it to be 100% waterproof, by the time I buggered about with rewiring connectors I could not guarantee this. Even on the Denali connectors they need some electronic grease. Routing the new loom is a pain though, take care.

In theory. yes. in practise you do need to be a bit 'handy' in the electronics front as the connections will be completely different. That is why I went for a new loom, taking the can bus out of the equation. I also wanted it to be 100% waterproof, by the time I buggered about with rewiring connectors I could not guarantee this. Even on the Denali connectors they need some electronic grease. Routing the new loom is a pain though, take care.

Thanks!

OK, I will start this on the understanding I’m not very ‘handy’ and unlike the pillock who commented earlier, I consider if you are a member of a forum with other enthusiasts, it is fine to ask questions, so here goes...

I wish to replace my 2017 BMW lights with the Denali D4 units (link below), but can I just change the head unit with little extra work, or is it a case of the whole wiring harness etc?

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/341139

You can buy the D4s with our without a loom. When I fitted my first DMs I used the Denali loom. When I added my second DMs I used splitters so they worked as four. When I fitted my 2.0 D4s, I removed the loom and fitted the Denali Cansmart. The DMs are all pre 2.0 so I I had to splice a pair of three pin and two pin extensions together to avoid paying £400 for new DMs. The only thing I've got to do is to lengthen the holes on the BMW mounts to accept the Denalis as I don't want to spend to dollar on two mounts.

Right, finally fitted the Denali lights today...

I sourced the brackets from the Adventure bike shop - none of the other Denali suppliers even bothered to reply to me

The guy was really helpful, they came within a week and less than half what R&G were quoting. https://www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk - Recommended

The brackets are really for the GS Adventure as they fit on the crash bars, so to fit the plastic mount, I just had to buy some lower profile bolts.

I wired directly to the battery, so the wiring was a nightmare, had to take off all the bodywork. Live trigger wire was taken from the back light - Grey & Red with yellow flashes, under the back seat.

Took me nearly all day, if you want an easy job, get BMW to fit the standard ones! although these worked out at half the BMW price. enjoy the pictures....

PS thanks to fredarooney for the tip

No problem and they look quite good so making me think I might have to do the same thing!

Back
Top Bottom