Screen shaking on 1150gs

Benhur Malta

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all...bike runs as smooth as silk by when passing over rough lanes (did some light green laning today) the screen shakes like crazy....where do I start to make it absorb shocks better... I repeat engine vibrations are not a problem t all its bumps and gravel roads which are the issue...
Thanks

R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check all the fixings are ok and not damaged.
The GS screen does flex a little anyway but it shouldn't move too much.
Is yours standard fit?
I have a MRA screen fitted and it wobbles a lot, common issue. Mines also got a damaged mount so doesnt help.

I think it’s a standard screen. Will do....might make sense to remove the screen totally for off-road???

Move the top of the screen up and down and check if the fairing frame is moving or if it is just flexibility in the screen. Could be the fairing frame attachment bolts are loose or missing.

Don't try to overcome it by tightening, you'll 'starfish' the holes. Take it off for green lanes, although from memory your lanes are only green for a week in May ;)

Thanks guys....I think I was over cautious with the screen bolts....they were loose

Malta is actually quite green at the moment though....
3a3ddb0a33bdb5abf4988dcb1841d002.jpg
99593d85cf66980b35879853e63d2eb5.jpg

The torrential rain and thunderstorm I saw in San Juan last month might be the cause of the greenery :D BTW nice pics of your steed - wish it had been mine parked there.

The torrential rain and thunderstorm I saw in San Juan last month might be the cause of the greenery :D BTW nice pics of your steed - wish it had been mine parked there.

Wouldn't that be inconvenient - you being in Ramsgate? :confused:

I have the Givi 330 screen on 1200. Don’t know how similar it is to 1150. However it’s excellent for wind protection with minimal buffeting but it does wobble. A tube strapped between the top mount holes with P clips stiffened it nicely. It’s almost good enough as a satnav mount but would need welded clips to stop it turning.

i weekend in Gozo....so I understand your comment :)....let us hope that the march of technology and business men`s greed dont ruin it

Back
Top Bottom