Rear light and indicator access, how the f*** do you get to it?

fatbaldbob

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2010 GSA with LED Rear light and indicators. Rear left indicator not working, front flashes at the twice the rate, also Front lamp warning on dash but light still works. So figure rear left indicator at fault I want to swap it out with the right just to confirm then replace if required or check the wiring.

Problem is I can find no way in to it, I have removed every visible screw (6) plus a 10mm nut, and nothing is even loose. So how do I get into the area behind the light so I can get to the wiring connectors for the indicators. Searched on line and found many people asking the same question but no one has an answer. There must be an easy way and I'm missing something, or do I have to go in from above and remove the whole rear seat mount and luggage plate? Any clues.

Try removing lower rear mudguard from underneth.

Thanks steptoe, but thats what I been trying to do, took out the two screws holding the indicators, two from underneath which also hold the pannier rack, two from the rear above the light and a 10mm nut from underneath and nothing is even loose?

Thanks steptoe, but thats what I been trying to do, took out the two screws holding the indicators, two from underneath which also hold the pannier rack, two from the rear above the light and a 10mm nut from underneath and nothing is even loose?

All the bolts, small tork bolts, i think six in all. The complete lower plastic cover comes off

You pretty much have to remove the underseat panel and the mudguard underneath. Plus there is no convenient wiring connector block.

Sorted, you need to go in from above, pain in the arse, rear seat then undo pannier racks and top box mounts then the whole top tray has to come off, the loom and connectors are all under there. Anyway LED indicator confirmed as duff and the root of all my recent electrical gremlins.

Well done. :) When I got mine apart, the M6 aluminium spacer tubes were badly furred up being bolted to the stainless rack frame. I noticed the other day, they are looking rough again so will have to get new ones.

Well done. :) When I got mine apart, the M6 aluminium spacer tubes were badly furred up being bolted to the stainless rack frame. I noticed the other day, they are looking rough again so will have to get new ones.

Yep, same here, virtually every fastener, seized or rotten.

When I get the measurements of those spaces (IIRC two are slightly longer), I'll ask Mistacat if he can make some stainless spacers. In the meantime slather everything in lots of good quality copper anti seize.

Back
Top Bottom