Schuberth C3 Pro Leaking

dunarin

Reaction score
Hi all

My C3 Pro leaks badly in heavy rain with drips running down inside of the visor. I have read various posts about the problem so I contacted Schuberth direct who advised me that they are aware of this issue & to return it to the supplier for onward shipping to their HQ for assessment which I have done.

Has anyone done the same? and was the problem cured?

Cheers

Rubish really. Plus one dare not crack open the visor when it rains because that makes it pour down the inside of the visor.

Hi all

My C3 Pro leaks badly in heavy rain with drips running down inside of the visor. I have read various posts about the problem so I contacted Schuberth direct who advised me that they are aware of this issue & to return it to the supplier for onward shipping to their HQ for assessment which I have done.

Cheers

They all do that sir...
:blast

I sent mine back due to the same issue. They returned it with no change whatsoever. Still crap in the rain.

The answer............................. Shoei Neotech.

My C3 does exactly the same, this year in the picos i had to gaffer tape the visor closed to stop it pissing in, i bought the c4 on returning home for a trip and whilst it did not leak it fell to bits instead and whistled in through the drop down visor mech, that was also shite.

Having tried the new Neotec 2 I'm looking forward to buying this instead.

Try lubricating the rubber seal above the eye hole on the helmet, I used a Rukka silicone pen (supplied to lubricate their LockOut zips), no more drips.

What happened to Schuberth? I have a C3 (not the C3 Pro) and I've had no bother at all.

Had my C3 pro for over 2 years and ridden in some awful conditions. never had any leak problems.

I have a C3 Pro, bought last December. It leaks in the rain, the lining has been replaced by the retailer as it was wearing and now the button to open and close the top vent has fallen off and is lost - I need to use a little screwdriver. In addition to this, the front vent lets in so little air as to be useless.

Although it's comfortable and reasonably, not especially, quiet and presumably offers good protection, it's very disappointing in a helmet that costs £450 or more. I won't buy another and would try to dissuade anyone else from doing so

Neither my nor my wifes C3 helmets had water ingress issues and my C3 Pro and my wifes C3 Pro lady helmets have been fine with no problems

Try lubricating the rubber seal above the eye hole on the helmet, I used a Rukka silicone pen (supplied to lubricate their LockOut zips), no more drips.

+1, only I use bog standard silicon spray, stopped mine leaking, lubricate all the rubber seals around the visor, also ensure it is actually clicked closed, shut it and then give it another push, mine then clicks.

Bloody hell. What the hell is going on with not getting the basics right these days?

Thanks for replies, I’ll see what it’s like when I get it back. Good info about the silicone cheers....

My C3 leaked like a sieve. ( A bike journalist "BIKE magazine" described it as " a waterfall in his eyes")

The C4 does the same , albeit to a slightly lesser degree.

Acceptable in a £90 lid? Is it acceptable in a £600 one ? No way.

Utter crap.

I had the old BMW lid with V at top of visor. Water poured down the inside.
The Schuberth was ok until visor was popped forward on it venting position. You don’t need that in the rain? Of course not. Fog City or whatever was no help as they (then at least) did not supply for double curve visors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi all

Cheers

You do realise that at the front of a helmet is a big hole?

They all do that sir...
:blast

This.

And it gets cold on a bike. And steering locks are worthless.

I have been over a year trying to get my C3 Pro fixed. It has been returned by Schuberth three times with no fault found. Even the dealer saw water running inside the helmet under a tap but would not hold them to account retreating behind their ‘ No fault found ‘ diagnosis. They have basically told me it must be my height, bike or the way I ride it. Bought a C4 from the same company, no mentioning any names because I may be taking this to court, and it both leaked immediately and the pinlock misted up. I had a wet weekend in Wales almost blindfolded most of the time. Took it straight back and again complete denial even though when I looked on the shelf another C4 pinlock wasn’t even touching yet alone sealing against the visor. Turns out it isn’t a pinlock visor but a copy used to save money and company admitted in their magazine that there were issues obviously trying to head off multiple complaints. I contacted Schuberth direct and both helmets went back to them via the dealer in September. Literally received the helmets back on Monday. The C3 Pro has finally had new hinge mechanisms fitted and appears to be watertight under a tap, the C4 has a visible gap between the ‘ pinlock’ and visor and immediately leaks through the hinge mechanism on to the bottom rubber as before, which I assume is then whipped across the inside of the visor. Believe it or not the C4 was returned with no fault found. The dealer now tells me that they are going to nothing more as Schuberth say it isn’t faulty and refuse a refund. I bought a Shoei Neotec to use in July when I was without a helmet whilst mine was returned and whilst it is a bit tight on the forehead for me it is quieter and doesn’t leak even in torrential rain so there really is no excuse - the dealer even suggested all flip up helmets leak at one point! My friend bought a C4 at the same time assuming as I did tha5 they would have sorted out the C3 Pro issues - his leaked as well - but experienced exactly the same issues as me. He is waiting for his to come back. I really feel the faults with these helmets should be publicised, it does seem some people don’t have problems, but I am sure there are both lots of people who haven’t been out in the rain with them or think it is something they have done wrong, as I did initially with the C3. I think Schuberth and the dealers are very slick at getting bad reviews removed, I remember a bike magazine review a couple of years ago that said they leak like a sieve and it was disgraceful but there are no signs of the review to be found on the net now that I can see. It will be interesting to know how you get on. I would suggest anyone that suspects theirs might be leaking holds the helmet under a slow running tap above the hinge mechanism and watches very carefully around the bottom rubber below. Love to hear how you get on with your return.

Back
Top Bottom