Garmin Bolt/Screw size??

younger06

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody know the correct size of the little threaded bolts/screws supplied with Garmin mounts ?? (550, 660)

Is it M3 ??

Anybody know the correct size of the little threaded bolts/screws supplied with Garmin mounts ?? (550, 660)

Is it M3 ??

d3beb7b0c429744212cd20689f72eedb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I would have never thought they where M4..........saved me a fiver on ebay.

Sent from a U11

I bought my last ones from the local chandlers which are marine grade stainless They were not expensive Maybe an excuse for a run out to the boatyard near you?;)

I bought my last ones from the local chandlers which are marine grade stainless They were not expensive Maybe an excuse for a run out to the boatyard near you?;)
Good idea.
My local engineering supplies are nautical enthusiasts.......I'll try get the screws there and then go for a spin to the coast.

Sent from a U11

Good idea.
My local engineering supplies are nautical enthusiasts.......I'll try get the screws there and then go for a spin to the coast.

Sent from a U11

Post pictures of the coast or it never happened:D

They are exactly the same size as those screws used to fit electrical socket cover plates, but reassuringly more expensive :blast

They are exactly the same size as those screws used to fit electrical socket cover plates, but reassuringly more expensive :blast

Don't think that is correct.

On my travels today, in one of my customers (building providers) I checked one of the Garmin 40mm screws I have in a socket box because I suspected the same.......it was a larger size, it wouldn't thread in.

M4 x 20 was correct.

I bought M4 x 25 but had to cut them down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom