Does your bike Wheely on acceleration?

102mph in 1st gear. 2006 R1. Maybe a bit less actual as that was speed on the display. 1st gear is rather tall on them mind. It wouldnt do 1-100 in 2 seconds though. ah well.

All this is even worse than the normal b*****t on here !
Want to go fast get a hyabusa etc
Want to go off road
Go touring
Do it all bike
Get a GS

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Only had the front wheel up on the GSA twice in 7 years and 150,000 miles. Both times by accident, once accelerating hard from a service station on the M6 whilst overloaded with other folks luggage and cider? The other time between Blairgowrie and Braemar on an undulating road whilst changing up a gear at the crest of a rise.

My Hp4 Carbon on the other hand :D:D

Sadly not quite as quick as a ZZR.

JimmyMac

Ah yes, the Blairgowrie to Braemar road. I nearly came a cropper on that stretch once, but I think both wheels were off the ground ( so it wasn't a real wheelie ) and I was out of the saddle: eek:

You all take things too literally around here... figure of speech... but it was bloody quick!! Would do close to 70 MPH in first LOL... but it was heavily modified... forget the BHP...200 springs to mind ;)

Wonder if thats why I’m getting air... I have the modules fitted also... was out with my Son on the back last week (about 30KG) and I could not keep it down ... great fun...

I have a IT465 for wheels up... they are just mental

I built, in the late 60's, a BSA "Rocket Gold Star" utilising a Gold Star DBD 34 bike into which i put an uprated A10 engine coupled to an
RRT2 close ratio gearbox and that, would get, screwing the nuts off it, (roughly) an indicated* 75mph. 1st. 85 2nd. 95 3rd.and flat out with a following wind about 110 in top :cool:
I did have to slip the clutch up to about 15mph. though :D

*It was of course, a chronometric speedo so how accurate, i don't really know :nenau

My TC with AF-XIED units wants to pick its front wheel up off the throttle in second (the midrange torque is now huge compared to standard) but the traction control stops it.

It also does 0-100 mph in 1.5 seconds ;)

Sounds similar to mine after I fitted the Power Commander. Not exactly a wheelie but only a touch of clutch would have the wheel lofted.
Traction makes no difference I can’t spin the back wheel and wheelie it.
A hump-back bridge near Uttoxeter has the bike flying - literally. That’s kicks in the traction. :eek:
It’s a road I’ve used regularly, but GSA was the only bike where I was confident enough to go anywhere near that quickly.

0 to 100 is so fast I can’t measure it and ride so less than 2 seconds on the GSA sounds about right.
Any bike that can do it without looping is a drag bike with wheelie bars.

102mph in 1st gear. 2006 R1. Maybe a bit less actual as that was speed on the display. 1st gear is rather tall on them mind. It wouldnt do 1-100 in 2 seconds though. ah well.

You know.. I was going to put 100 MPH in first, but thought no... my memory must be wrong and you'd all take the P*ss.... But I'm sure your right... the ZZR would come close to 100 MPH in first gear.... just a flick of the wrist and you were there... it would leave most light sports bikes in a straight line as it would not pull the front up... just a nice bounce.... where as on my old R1 mk1 so no traction... it spend more time pointing to the sky's than anything ... them were the days... :bounce1

100mph in 1st is understandable, my old K7 GSXR1000 would do an 'indicated' 99 in 1st (I miss that bike). That doesnt make a 2 second 0-100 unless it has turbo/nitrous/supercharger. Having said that, electric will do 0-60mph in sub 2 seconds https://www.tesla.com/roadster/ .

RBW.

My 2017 GS Rallye is the first bike I have owned that wheelies without trying when in road and dynamic mode with all rider aids on. I love it! I'm not talking stunt man stuff just a nice 'pop' up as I open the throttle in first off the line. Just enough for others in the traffic to think I'm a complete prick :green gri

My 2017 GS Rallye is the first bike I have owned that wheelies without trying when in road and dynamic mode with all rider aids on. I love it! I'm not talking stunt man stuff just a nice 'pop' up as I open the throttle in first off the line. Just enough for others in the traffic to think I'm a complete prick :green gri

I think the word is Tosser ;)

So does the ESA on my 2013 K1300R stop it from wheelieing? I thought it was just wheel spins and that that ESA stopped, I'm surprised it hasn't yet as it has lots of torque. Is ESA working when it growls more as it intervenes? BMW say it does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds ;)

Traction makes no difference I can’t spin the back wheel and wheelie it.

You don't have to spin the wheel for the traction control to intervene, it works by comparing wheel rotation speeds. As soon as the front wheel lifts, it sees the rear wheel spinning faster than the front and takes power off you.

This is how I realised that mine was lifting the front wheel when it hit about 5.5k with a wide open throttle in second gear - after a few times, I watched he dash and saw the traction control warning. Then I switched it off and tried again :)

Good point.. mine is free of all driver aids like ABS etc, so will just pull up I guess....

My Mate said don't post that question on the BMW / GS site.. he think we are all too long in the tooth and people would see it as reckless and a Health and Safety issue :rob... Judging by some of the replies he may be right LOL.... but those of us who still like a bit of fun, I'm sure quite enjoy the odd pop when appropriate.

Come on... he's not right with his 'Boring Mens Wheels' is he...

So does the ESA on my 2013 K1300R stop it from wheelieing? I thought it was just wheel spins and that that ESA stopped, I'm surprised it hasn't yet as it has lots of torque. Is ESA working when it growls more as it intervenes? BMW say it does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds ;)

If I didn’t turn the ESA off on my K1300s as soon as the front wheel lifted the engine would cut and slam my nuts into the tank. With it off it would wheelie very well despite being long and heavy. The only issue was it normally had a hard landing but that’s more the fault of the incompetence of the rider.

Back
Top Bottom