Anyone modded the arial on the Kenwood TK3501 ?

philbuck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Quite a few of you guys have removed the arial on your Kenwood PMR's to facilitate better bike mounted reception. Obviously all the models are slightly different and some will be easier than others to do. Anyone done it on a TK3501 ?
I have acquired two as new, and am contemplating modding one of them. I have it stripped down and am busy studying it !!
Cheers
Phil

There are a few threads on here about adding a remote aerial to various models but I don't recall seeing it done on a 3501.

One thread is here...I appreciate its 3310, but the principle is the same.
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/370523-Remote-aerial-for-Kenwood-TK-3310
It has links to other threads too.

Perhaps you could take a few pictures while you're doing the mod and post a how-to thread for the 3501 when you've finished?

Good luck.

delboy777 has the kits needed to convert ,,he had a link selling some on here a couple of weeks ago

There are a few threads on here about adding a remote aerial to various models but I don't recall seeing it done on a 3501.

One thread is here...I appreciate its 3310, but the principle is the same.
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/370523-Remote-aerial-for-Kenwood-TK-3310
It has links to other threads too.

Perhaps you could take a few pictures while you're doing the mod and post a how-to thread for the 3501 when you've finished?

Good luck.

Ta for that. I have perused this site and seen the other threads. I suspect the actual operation of replacing the arial would be similar between models, and the probs seems to be sourcing the oval shaped 2 hole SMA female connector, and a seal kit (which is now sold out by the guy on here I believe).
If I do crack on with it, I'll take piccies, 'cos I know everyone lurves piccies, and a how-to thread is useless without them.

Ta for that. I have perused this site and seen the other threads. I suspect the actual operation of replacing the arial would be similar between models, and the probs seems to be sourcing the oval shaped 2 hole SMA female connector, and a seal kit (which is now sold out by the guy on here I believe).
If I do crack on with it, I'll take piccies, 'cos I know everyone lurves piccies, and a how-to thread is useless without them.

How did you get on with this mod?

I might have some of the antenna connectors here. 2 hole, oval flange. Not too sure about the seals though.

If you want I will have a rummage.

Done two or three now, got the adaptor from EBay (China) securing screws were worst but found some in Maplins just needed to shorten them. Same problem with seals but made a reasonable job by splitting a rubber grommet and using. Been on the bikes for 3 years no problems. Fitting the adaptor is ok just a steady hand and no rushing.
Have some pictures I think if your intertested.

Back
Top Bottom