Caring for Rukka suit and daytona gortex boots

nice1myson

Reaction score
Just wondered what people use to care for there Rukka suits as i have heard that normal washing powder isn't any good for your suit + i have daytona gortex boots am i right in thinking that normal boot polish is ok as the gortex is on the inside of the boot , but i'm not sure:beerjug:

This. Go Outdoors sometimes have it in for half price. They say running an iron over it helps with the waterproofing, unfortunately I can't operate one.

cheers chaps a visit to go outdoors it is then :beerjug:

I get my wash additive from the clothing store where I got the suit. I've only washed it once so far and that made me nervous putting it in the washing machine but turned out OK.

Use the Nikwax range too, and it performs perfectly.

For my Daytona boots, I use this & again, works perfectly.

83a73cfd4b9a28a43ec41e5fa20417ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just chuck it in some Uber whitening biological radiological mega wash. It will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I asked the Klim man at the NEC Show the other week how best to clean my gear and he said Nikwax but first run the washing machine empty on it's hottest setting to rid it of unused detergent which may affect the Nikwax process ...

Millets still have this offer on https://www.millets.co.uk/br:nikwax/ - 2 x 1 litre for £12.50 - the green bottle is just liquid soap which can be bought cheaper from Wilko but the TX Direct is an excellent product that makes the fabric water resistant so rain beads and rolls off rather than soaking into the fabric of jackets like my Rukka Chariklo which has a Z liner rather than a laminated job.

For my Daytona boots I use a leather conditioner every now and then - I last used the Nikwax one mentioned above but Gliptone's Liquid Leather is by far the best product. A friend that re-upholsters classic cars uses it on old Jags. The conditioner keeps the leather soft and water resistant. If you want to replenish the black colour then use a regular boot polish. I use this on leather gloves as well.

I did my Rukka suit with Nikwax a couple of weeks ago, and it looks as good as new now :thumb

Following Wappings recommendation, I use the Daytona cream for my boots.

Just wondered what people use to care for there Rukka suits as i have heard that normal washing powder isn't any good for your suit + i have daytona gortex boots am i right in thinking that normal boot polish is ok as the gortex is on the inside of the boot , but i'm not sure:beerjug:
I've just washed and reproofed my Arma-S in nikwax. No problems.

Do not under any circumstances use boot polish as it will block and damage the goretex lining.

They will leak like a colander.

Far easier and quicker with leather reproof spray from nikwax or similar.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom