Kawasaki H2 Sx Se

I already tried a bit of discount, firm no was the salesman’s answer..
mind you on that deal they’ll take it back off you in interest

Quick Hippy farkle !!

Not so much of a Wings Shorty but more of an Akra Longa

175c4629f0b8a0c39da5bc27a7d8ef07.jpg

To

f6306e52d70651c51d194ff1d665920e.jpg

Looks like the Akra shape for the K16, except you need two of.......lucky they are priced so reasonably?

I put a deposit on one and had a test ride but didn't like it.

I found the fuelling pretty crap, ticking over at 1500rpm and slow to come off the throttle, it hits 2000rpm then slowly goes down to 1500rpm, not great in town or approaching a corner wanting to throttle off. it will literally run on with no throttle input....It was also very snatchy and not smooth below 6000rpm. But man it flies when that supercharger kicks in. Definitely ballistic but not nice to ride unless you're giving it a handful.

Suspension was not good, batting you up the arse with the front feeling a bit vague and it was hard work if you pushed it, I must admit crap road surfaces and it only dried up enough to begin pushing it towards the end of the ride......

Both things could be fixed with a re-map and a visit to MCT but you shouldn't have to on a bike costing this much.

Quick shifter wasn't that smooth, the one on my GS LC works better.

Be interested to see how others get on and especially if anyone gets a re-map or suspension set up.

Shame as I really wanted to have one. Going to take another test ride next week as its done a few miles now and they tell me the suspension has been adjusted. It hadn't been set up and apparently there was no pre load adjusted on it.....

Quick Hippy farkle !!

Not so much of a Wings Shorty but more of an Akra Longa

175c4629f0b8a0c39da5bc27a7d8ef07.jpg

To

f6306e52d70651c51d194ff1d665920e.jpg

Much bigger can, was there much of a weight saving over the standard one?

They design a signature bespoke wheel and than hide it with a fugly can

I put a deposit on one and had a test ride but didn't like it.

I found the fuelling pretty crap, ticking over at 1500rpm and slow to come off the throttle, it hits 2000rpm then slowly goes down to 1500rpm, not great in town or approaching a corner wanting to throttle off. it will literally run on with no throttle input....It was also very snatchy and not smooth below 6000rpm. But man it flies when that supercharger kicks in. Definitely ballistic but not nice to ride unless you're giving it a handful.

Suspension was not good, batting you up the arse with the front feeling a bit vague and it was hard work if you pushed it, I must admit crap road surfaces and it only dried up enough to begin pushing it towards the end of the ride......

Both things could be fixed with a re-map and a visit to MCT but you shouldn't have to on a bike costing this much.

Quick shifter wasn't that smooth, the one on my GS LC works better.

Be interested to see how others get on and especially if anyone gets a re-map or suspension set up.

Shame as I really wanted to have one. Going to take another test ride next week as its done a few miles now and they tell me the suspension has been adjusted. It hadn't been set up and apparently there was no pre load adjusted on it.....

There must be something wrong with that bike . I’ve only ridden mine locally , ie in town and it’s very smooth . Fuelling is pretty much spot on and it doesn’t run on like you say.

The quick shifter is smoother than on my 1290 which in turn is way better than that on my brother’s Rallye.

It really sounds like a different bike !!

You might want to try it with the EBC off as well though I couldn’t notice much difference .

Yes I was pretty disappointed tbh, I came away thinking I shouldn't be trading my ZZR in. They still have that in the showroom so I'm contemplating taking it back.

I'll get another test ride on the H2 this week methinks, encouraging to hear your like yours. Going to have a look on a few other forums to see what else I can find....

Yes I was pretty disappointed tbh, I came away thinking I shouldn't be trading my ZZR in. They still have that in the showroom so I'm contemplating taking it back.

I'll get another test ride on the H2 this week methinks, encouraging to hear your like yours. Going to have a look on a few other forums to see what else I can find....

I rode a demo bike in Jersey a few weeks back-they insisted I take it out as my bike had been ordered through them as my Guernsey dealer is a subsidiary.

That bike felt the same as mine which I collected a week later.

I've only done 110 miles (I'm sat in the Seychelles typing this) but I didn't find any of the problems you encountered.

Handling seems very good.The suspension is just fine,and we have some very bumpy roads.
The fuelling is spot on as is the quickshifter.It provides very smooth changes,especially when above 2500 rpm which I think is the lower limit for its designed use.
I'm very pleased with my limited exposure to it so far.

I rode a demo bike in Jersey a few weeks back-they insisted I take it out as my bike had been ordered through them as my Guernsey dealer is a subsidiary.

That bike felt the same as mine which I collected a week later.

I've only done 110 miles (I'm sat in the Seychelles typing this) but I didn't find any of the problems you encountered.

Handling seems very good.The suspension is just fine,and we have some very bumpy roads.
The fuelling is spot on as is the quickshifter.It provides very smooth changes,especially when above 2500 rpm which I think is the lower limit for its designed use.
I'm very pleased with my limited exposure to it so far.

Once you’ve done a few more miles on it I’d be interested to hear how it is compared to the 1290.

Went back to the dealer this week and apparently another customer has complained about the fuelling on his new H2 as well.

Not done much mileage but I’d say the fuelling is spot on , as was the demo bike I rode in Jersey.

The final bits of the ‘Performance Touring’ kit arrived .

The pannier brackets/rubbers were on back order as were the frame sliders .

All fitted very simply . The panniers are basically the same as on the Versys and SX. They tuck in well but aren’t very big.

98fe5799adfd25cc308cd50e7f9e0852.jpg

5dc866e9df9cf50638df8c118dca0267.jpg

ac00951d22d0219f3d1d7fd0adbcd18c.jpg

Fitted a Telferizer mount too :

19b4ed66300b8daacdec43e9fd387540.jpg

That is an eyeful of a motorsickle Arsey, I like it a lot. Enjoy!

Not done much mileage but I’d say the fuelling is spot on , as was the demo bike I rode in Jersey.

The final bits of the ‘Performance Touring’ kit arrived .

The pannier brackets/rubbers were on back order as were the frame sliders .

All fitted very simply . The panniers are basically the same as on the Versys and SX. They tuck in well but aren’t very big.

98fe5799adfd25cc308cd50e7f9e0852.jpg

5dc866e9df9cf50638df8c118dca0267.jpg

ac00951d22d0219f3d1d7fd0adbcd18c.jpg

Fitted a Telferizer mount too :

19b4ed66300b8daacdec43e9fd387540.jpg

Panniers not very big; they take a full face helmet easy enough don't they?

Back
Top Bottom