Kawasaki H2 Sx Se

I was just reading the write up on this in this months Bike mag. Normally a
Favourite of Arsey.....perhaps not this month though. Great bike but why spend 8k more than a 1000 sx which they preferred. Or 4K more than the ZZR which is quicker...........:D

Have to say the sx looks a great value tourer.:thumb
All good looking bikes......

Whilst a lot of things can be subjective I consider my MT10SP to be considerably better than the standard SX in every department accept maybe fuel consumption , My H2 SXE test ride will be a very short one if that's the case...
I know we can't always believe what we read .

The guy in that video is one of my best friends and when he tells me its just about the best bike he has ever ridden bar none I don't doubt him.
Considering what he has ridden, owned, tested, etc over the years I've known him doing journo work thats high praise.

Had a quick go on one at the weekend and loved it, couldnt really hear the engine with earplugs and radio on but loved the plush suspension, general feeling of good build quality and a really comfy seating position.

Things I didnt like are limited to back brake being a bit crap (but front was amazing), didnt like the windblast with the bigger screen that comes on the tourer (this might be solved with the shallower screen of the std model), also quickshifter was a little clunky but ace most of the time. Switchgear seemed a little fiddly too, trying to get my fingers to the cruise control without looking down seemed a challenge but probably sorted with familiarity over time.

An observation was that cruise control wouldnt trigger in 2nd gear, not really an issue but would be useful for 20mph speed limits.

Overall it's the nicest bike I've tried in the last few years and its great to see a new sophisticated 'sports tourer'.

RBW.

*edited* Just remembered another negative, 4000 mile service interval :( .

Had a quick go on one at the weekend and loved it, couldnt really hear the engine with earplugs and radio on but loved the plush suspension, general feeling of good build quality and a really comfy seating position.

Things I didnt like are limited to back brake being a bit crap (but front was amazing), didnt like the windblast with the bigger screen that comes on the tourer (this might be solved with the shallower screen of the std model), also quickshifter was a little clunky but ace most of the time. Switchgear seemed a little fiddly too, trying to get my fingers to the cruise control without looking down seemed a challenge but probably sorted with familiarity over time.

An observation was that cruise control wouldnt trigger in 2nd gear, not really an issue but would be useful for 20mph speed limits.

Overall it's the nicest bike I've tried in the last few years and its great to see a new sophisticated 'sports tourer'.

RBW.

*edited* Just remembered another negative, 4000 mile service interval :( .

Would agree with almost all of this , except you didn't mention how effortless it is to go shit your pants fast , and its a very flattering ride and dead stable in the long twisties.
Very taken with how refined it is and it felt like a totally different bike to the SX for me ( As it should be for the significant amount more dosh)
Have to say its the nicest bike I have ever ridden , absolutely loved it..
To add some balance though , it would also be easy to go straight to prison or end up in a box as the sensation of how fast you are going is deceiving.
Well worth a test ride.

Had a go on one of these today , was surprised by the SX performance
This was just nuts , proper grin factor .....

That’s a very big smile in the mcn arsey :aidan

Oh god, he’s not in there is he?:blast

Edit - oh bollocks! I’m surprised he didn’t slip in how shit the GS is! :D

Attachments

• 0DA3CA7B-2BA8-4D8F-8316-211C4FE66E8B.jpg
    0DA3CA7B-2BA8-4D8F-8316-211C4FE66E8B.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 479
Heh heh , it reads a bit like “There was this one time at band camp”:beerjug:

You’ve already convinced me to try one:aidan

I’ll let you off !

Rich N, the deputy editor emailed, asking if I’d like to jot down a few thoughts on the bike so I agreed.

I only read MCN as it’s free as part of Readly subs, but I actually think their 250 mile test is normally quite balanced and well written .

Went to Daytona in Ryslip today and had a long awaited ride on the H2 SX. Firstly very surprised how comfortable it was, slightly more upright than my ZZR and as Arsey said just rolls in and out of corners effortlessly. The riding position is very good and I'm 6 ft. Switch gear was a little fiddly to start with but soon got use to it, cruise control very easy to use. The brakes are amazing with so much feel, the ride is very smooth for what it is. Didn't get to open it up as with every bike it takes time to get used to but did have the amber light up at one point with me hanging on for dear life :D. The power delivery is fantastic and very addictive, with the "chirp" of that super charger making it all the more enjoyable. Would I own one, YES :bow, just got to get round the other half :bounce1

My little lady has now completely forsaken BMW and got rid of her R1200RS. She still has the fireblade, but wanted a little tourer so she could still include the kitchen sink in her luggage on our away days.

She collected this little runabout this afternoon, and what a beauty she is too. (My Mrs. isn't bad either). The green covers for the panniers are on back order, and I am trying to source a Yoshimura slip-on in time for the first service. The Akra doesn't make enough of a significant noise change for her.

What an amazing piece of kit this is though, and a real eyeful of a motorbike. Off to Welsh Wales next week to give it a run out, so I may well be playing catch up with her on my K16 :eek:

Attachments

• IMAG1566.jpg
    IMAG1566.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 437
My little lady has now completely forsaken BMW and got rid of her R1200RS. She still has the fireblade, but wanted a little tourer so she could still include the kitchen sink in her luggage on our away days.

She collected this little runabout this afternoon, and what a beauty she is too. (My Mrs. isn't bad either). The green covers for the panniers are on back order, and I am trying to source a Yoshimura slip-on in time for the first service. The Akra doesn't make enough of a significant noise change for her.

What an amazing piece of kit this is though, and a real eyeful of a motorbike. Off to Welsh Wales next week to give it a run out, so I may well be playing catch up with her on my K16 :eek:

Very very cool.

Friend of mine has one and it’s stupidly stupidly stupidly quick !!

Oh, and children come up at petrol stations and stare at it.

Very nice; it's September before the Green covers are in; or i should say, that's when mine arrive. The boxes seem to work ok with the black covers on; and you can get just as much in them.:D:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom