2013 F800 GSA HORN NOT WORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
my 2013 800 GSA's horn does not function; bike has only done 890 miles and all other switches function albeit the info and mode buttons are suffering from the sticking issue. Anyone had this? I've looked at the connectors and leads and all looks fine. Can the Canbus switch off the horn function? Although bikes as new it's only done 890 miles and is out of warranty; I doubt BMW would entertain the exchange programme they had up to 2014 for known duff stitches? Problem I have now is that I need to MOT bike but it won't pass with no horn!
Any advice appreciated
:thumb2

Have you got a multimeter or someway of checking voltage I'd start at the horn end and see if you have power to it, if so horns duff or sticking. If no power work your way back to the switch etc. If you run out of time for your MOT maybe clip one of these on temp fix :thumb

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/232254702749

Thanks for that, love that add on horn - that'd pass MOT and give me time to sort it properly. I think it's the well trodden switch problem, but baulk ar £200 for a switch cluster.

Try pulling the spade connectors out, giving them a bit of wire wool / wet and dry and then putting them back in again ...
Have had several horns over the years that have either failed or turned into a duckling and this has normally sorted them out.

Try pulling the spade connectors out, giving them a bit of wire wool / wet and dry and then putting them back in again ...
Have had several horns over the years that have either failed or turned into a duckling and this has normally sorted them out.

Thanks Giles, but the horn has a delicate can bus connector which can't be cleaned as described, hence I think it is the switch issue. But thanks for the advice and I'll check all options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Horn

Looks like it's the actual horn :eek:
Ordered a new replacement and I'll see how it goes.

Faulty Horn

Unbelievably it was a faulty horn!! 897 miles and duff! not a Bosch item, some cheap make. Anyway, all sorted and not the switchgear :thumb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom