07 RT satnav connector location.

Clem

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Before I start removing lots of plastic panels and harness wrapping. Can anyone point me to the location of the satnav connector on the RT?
I had the candle plugged into the connector on my GS so I guess the RT has a similar arrangement somewhere!?

Thanks.

Hi mate, on my 2010 RT it is in between the top of the forks taped to a part of the frame.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

On my '05 RT it was on the black metal subframe in front of the forks. You can see it and connect to it okay with the bars turned to one side, but might need to remove a side panel to route the wiring to the nav.

I have a 2007 RT and I wired the GPS power (Zumo 390LM) into the Hella 'cigarette lighter' socket which is on the left hand panel (in front of your knee)

the reason i did not use the Canbus Auxillary socket plug (which is somewhere near the headstock?) is i read lots of stories about people's batteries going flat, even though the bike is off, and the GPS is removed from the cradle. I think some GPS systems (eg Garmin) draw a tiny amount of power even though the gps is not in the cradle and the ignition is off (possibly due to the power lead converting the 12v to 5v)

the power to the 'cigarette lighter' socket is wired via the ignition key and is not supplied with ANY power if the ignition is off (as it is not on the CANBUS system?), hence no chance at all of the battery going flat

see here

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?71604-Garmin-Zumo-350-DEAD-BATTERY

or just buy one of these and plug it into the Hella socket, but then you have wire trailing everywhere and the plug may fall out

HTB1a0scFVXXXXa0XXXXq6xXFXXXC.jpg

Thanks for the advice.
Located the BM Satnav connector once I'd got the LH panels off and could get a good look.

I've transplanted the set up that I had on the GS over, so the satnav connector is driving a switched fuse box under the seat. This feeds the satnav, autocom, BT box and USB power source via a fused link directly from the battery.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom