2015 GSA TE Spotlight bulb

crazywakey

Madhouse Stuntman.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Need some advice chaps!

My rhs bulb gave up the ghost on Saturday night, bike has done around 36k miles.

It's probably/possibly water ingress (I've learned that much from research!) but I've yet to strip the spotlight unit down to look, might get chance later in the week.

If the bulb is goosed, can anyone recommend what bulb it is please? Just so I can research where to buy a replacement. It's LED, but I'm not too up to speed with these types, so advice is appreciated as I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will have the info.

Thanks.

I think you're going to discover that its not a replaceable bulb as such but a chip on a board. My guess is its new replacement unit only unless you can source a similar chip somewhere and can solder it in..

R

Also before stripping it down just make sure it’s not just a bad connection. JJH

I think you're going to discover that its not a replaceable bulb as such but a chip on a board. My guess is its new replacement unit only unless you can source a similar chip somewhere and can solder it in..

R

What he said methinks. Same occurred to one of mine - replacement unit:tears (I was lucky, it was replaced under warranty).

Unplug the light. It might be the connector that is full of water. WD40 to force out the water and then a dose of electrical contact cleaner. Leave it to air dry before plugging it back in. Had that problem many times.

Back
Top Bottom