Peaks week-end, Winster 2nd - 4th February

As Dermot is taking one group out, can someone help me with the other group.

I have a GPX file that has been supplied by a local expert for a big bike route that I am going to use but I'm not up with this 'Nat Sav' business so whilst I am happy to give it a go, I'm not confident.

If I can share that file with someone who wants to come on the big bike route and has a Sat Nav thing (and knows how to use it), it would be useful to have a back up, otherwise we could end up with an inadvertent road ride!! :eek

Also, can I remind everyone that I need to contact the pub this weekend with numbers of those eating. Would be grateful if you could also tell me if you're not eating at the pub so I can knock you off the list of potentials.

Thank you. :thumb2

David what time you thinking of starting on Saturday morning?
Gonna travel up then as have to work Sunday...

I'd not really given it much thought.

I supposed by the time we've surfaced, breakfasted and got ready, how about 10 - 10.30 in the pub carpark?

Open to suggestions.

Starting to get a bit chilly,,,,,
Normally fucking freezing if I have to camp in the back of the van:comfort
Was going to take the caravan but
A,can’t be arsed
B too busy on Friday to finish early.
Don’t even have a running bike at the moment as I had to nick the fuel pump for a customer bike:confused:
Have the parts though so I’ll probably get it running at about 4.30 on Friday :D

I'd not really given it much thought.

I supposed by the time we've surfaced, breakfasted and got ready, how about 10 - 10.30 in the pub carpark?

Open to suggestions.

I’d like to start my group a little earlier - we can have a chat Friday night :beer:

Starting to get a bit chilly,,,,,
Normally fucking freezing if I have to camp in the back of the van:comfort
Was going to take the caravan but
A,can’t be arsed
B too busy on Friday to finish early.
Don’t even have a running bike at the moment as I had to nick the fuel pump for a customer bike:confused:
Have the parts though so I’ll probably get it running at about 4.30 on Friday :D

If you want to borrow the WR you'd be more than welcome.

If you want to borrow the WR you'd be more than welcome.
Thanks for the offer Bill.
You know you would be regretting it by around 11.30. Lol
The mighty katoom will be running in minutes once I pull my finger out.
If it snows I may well head to the pub for breakfast and stay there!
Bit like a Witherspoon pub most days:D

No worries Michael. If you change your mind let me know.
Have a good time and be safe all.

I telephoned the pub yesterday - just to check that camping was OK (given that it is "officially shut" for camping).

The person I spoke to was very welcoming.

He said, yes they are shut, but are making an exception for this illustrious group.

He further said to camp behind some building or other in the field, and that no cars are allowed onto the grass/campsite.

I telephoned the pub yesterday - just to check that camping was OK (given that it is "officially shut" for camping).

The person I spoke to was very welcoming.

He said, yes they are shut, but are making an exception for this illustrious group.

He further said to camp behind some building or other in the field, and that no cars are allowed onto the grass/campsite.

Bring a hot water bottle Geoff

Brrrrrrrr......

Yes, this weekend is part of the prep for attending the Elefantentreffen in Germany at the end of the month. It will be seriously cold there.

Bigger balls than me......
See you all in the morning

Sorry tufty I’m unable to make this. After mikeyboy rushing about getting the bike ready this week (thanks again!) one of our guys has come down with flu so I’ve got to go to work. Have fun and ride safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom