getting away with it so far!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Miners' Standard

Bank Top
Winster
Derbyshire
Tel 01629 650279

They may have some B&B rooms available. Other B&Bs are available in the village, a short walk (down hill) from the pub.

They have room for caravans, I believe with electricity hook up, you may have enquire. The campsite is officially closed, although they may allow some tents on the bottom field.

There seemed to be a lot of interest in this weekend.

Please let me know if you'd like to attend, if you'll be wanting a road ride or green lane ride on the Saturday.

Also, we would be very grateful for any local knowledge and willing leaders for green lane rides. Last time we had enough for 3 or 4 groups.

As this is a Saturday ride, we do not want to upset the locals, there are enough Derbyshire lanes being closed so smaller groups would be better, if possible covering different areas, or at least, different directions and timings.

I'll see how the group feels as a whole but I would prefer to limit to UKGSer members if possible. Gooner, you're on the site and not an outsider, I don't see why this should be limited to East Mids folk, we even let Bounce come last time!! :eek

Please post up if I've forgotten any essential details.

Attendees

tuftywhite - lanes Fri + Sat Dinner
Mikeyboy - lanes Fri + Sat Dinner
GSPOD - lanes - leader Fri + Sat Dinner
Amanda Fri + Sat Dinner
Steve - lanes Fri + Sat Dinner
Astrro - lanes
MickDB1 - tentative
Remobi- lanes
Peak - lanes
Magnon - lanes Fri + Sat Dinner
Miserable Git - lanes - No food
PMVern - lanes Fri + Sat Dinner
Geoff_Barnett - lanes Fri + Sat Dinner

:thumby:

Hi Tufty

We are booked, lanes for me, Amanda will probably go for a walk or some such. I hope you don’t mind but I invited my mate Steve before you posted up GSers only.
He went to the last Winster weekend and some of you know him from the Dent event last year. He is an ex-UKgser but let his subs lax when he bought a KTM :hide

I need to get out over January to check on a few lanes but if my plans come to fruition I’ll be happy to lead the ‘steady Eddie, novice group’. Steve will be on his 1290 ;)

Hi Tufty

We are booked, lanes for me, Amanda will probably go for a walk or some such. I hope you don’t mind but I invited my mate Steve before you posted up GSers only.
He went to the last Winster weekend and some of you know him from the Dent event last year. He is an ex-UKgser but let his subs lax when he bought a KTM :hide

I need to get out over January to check on a few lanes but if my plans come to fruition I’ll be happy to lead the ‘steady Eddie, novice group’. Steve will be on his 1290 ;)

I remember Steve from last time. I don’t mind at all. What I didn’t want was someone bringing their 6 mates who they usually ride with taking the places of genuine tossers.

If my bike is registered I’ll come and help you check the lanes. :thumb

Put me down for lanes please
What I didn’t want was someone bringing their 6 mates who they usually ride with taking the places of genuine tossers.
Promise to come on my own
And it was four not six :rolleyes:

I am not promising attending as I dont like freezing wet and shitty trails. What I can do is maybe provide a GARMIN GPX route for Bigger bikes and a GARMIN GPX route for the more adventurous rider/nutter. These will be as up to date as I can get of course as some of the lanes are now closed
I am also trying to get the Mapsorse GPSs to run with similar routes in gdb format.
HTHY and good luck to all campers as The Standard is nearly as high above sea level as Nepal
Better get a power socket on front LHS of yer bike Tufty for yer Heated jacket/GPS

Sounds like we'll have an advance party for reconnaissance :thumb

I'll PM a few dates

I am not promising attending as I dont like freezing wet and shitty trails. What I can do is maybe provide a GARMIN GPX route for Bigger bikes and a GARMIN GPX route for the more adventurous rider/nutter. These will be as up to date as I can get of course as some of the lanes are now closed
I am also trying to get the Mapsorse GPSs to run with similar routes in gdb format.
HTHY and good luck to all campers as The Standard is nearly as high above sea level as Nepal
Better get a power socket on front LHS of yer bike Tufty for yer Heated jacket/GPS

Thanks for that Mick. That will be really helpful.

(I have two sockets on it and a 600W alternator)

Yep I’m in ... if it’s a good as the Sproxton meet a few weeks ago ... should be a good day out ... on the lanes !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mick. I downloaded that to my phone a couple of months ago after I saw that chaps from the TET were using it.

I've still to fully fathom it out but I'm going to persevere.

Were you on the 650?

Nope this one
fc788eaa188b10fef9e6dc4932d5d6a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm up for this Tufty if there's still space. I'll be on the lanes please

Is everyone booked in and found somewhere to stay?

We have GSPOD leading one group, I'm happy to do a big bike ride courtesy of MickDB1. Obviously I'd prefer it if Mick led that ride but I'm happy to give it a go if Mick can't make it.

I suggest we have two groups, easy and less easy. Any thoughts? We'll probably be using some of the same lanes, but it's better to split the numbers up so as to keep the level of annoyance down for other countryside users.

2 groups I’d say or 3.

I’m happy to lead one - I don’t know enough lanes to pick out easy or hard ones but people in my group should be aware that it will be a slow pace and there may be the odd directional error :blast
I’m out in the morning for a poodle around.

Back
Top Bottom