looking at fitting a 3.5 bar fuel regulator to my 1150 gs

moonhead911

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
looking at fitting a 3.5 bar fuel regulator to my 1150 gs can i buy a used one from motor works and just swap it over
j8PYbcz.png

https://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/Parts.php?f=b&T=6&Q=13531465107&q=13531465107&NUFilter=10&Filter=submit

yes. i put a used one in my 1100 and it fits straight in to the existing housing. it’s a fiddle to get access though, i did mine when the subframe was lifted anyway while replacing gearbox. i’m sure i read that it can be done in situ though, from one side only (right, IIRC) - think it was steptoe.

I swapped mine in situ it was fiddly but as steptoe says it can be done if your not in a rush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes. i put a used one in my 1100 and it fits straight in to the existing housing. it’s a fiddle to get access though, i did mine when the subframe was lifted anyway while replacing gearbox. i’m sure i read that it can be done in situ though, from one side only (right, IIRC) - think it was steptoe.

grate thanks for that did you notice any difference

to be honest, i didn't. my bike has 1200 injectors and a John Gemi chip so was already running very nicely when i changed the regulator. if there was any effect it was minimal, though may be more noticeable with the older injectors and standard tune. i can tell you that the fuel economy is unaffected.

Mine feels like it accelerates a bit quicker when you crack the throttle open, but I have a few other mods as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran boosted fuel pressure on my 1150 and made many measurements. I could not feel any difference in performance nor could I measure any difference.

If you run an AF-XIED or LC-1 (AF-XIED on my 1150GS and LC-1 on my 1150RT), which reliably add fuel to Closed and Open Loop, boosted fuel pressure reduces the amount of software adaptation that the Motronic has to do, and it speeds the development of the Motronic's Long Term Trims. Because I wanted the trims to be developed as quickly as possible I boosted the fuel pressure to 3.7 Bar. After two years of running at 3.7 Bar I removed the fuel pressure boost because it didn't really add performance and I wanted to be as nearly stock as possible.

Back
Top Bottom