Ross Noble

Steve V

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
His attempt at the Scottish 6 day is on Dave HD catchup.

Oh yes you can watch it now ! Just go to programme guide and it's available to watch now, damn clever these Chinese !!

Saw most of that between kids pestering for whatever.
Got to ask unless you really are an experienced trials rider - WHY? A trials bike that can possibly do the stages would be horrible on the between stage roads.

By the way MZ won it many times. Though how the F this got up the stuff Ross was riding is anyone’s guess.

picture-3.png

Saw most of that between kids pestering for whatever.
Got to ask unless you really are an experienced trials rider - WHY? A trials bike that can possibly do the stages would be horrible on the between stage roads.

By the way MZ won it many times. Though how the F this got up the stuff Ross was riding is anyone’s guess.

picture-3.png

You are confusing the ssdt with the isdt/isde which although both are 6 days long are 2 totally different sports

One is observed Trials like RN was doing and the other is Enduro

That MZ is an enduro bike

I sometimes ride trails with a 75 year old who has won awards in the original ISDT in the early 80's on a Triumph against those MZ's - he is still an amazing rider

Road sections are liaison and everyone just gets on with it .....without seats

Ssdt is great to watch and craic is fab as everyone is really friendly

Ah sorry. Didn’t realise there were two events. The craic is always great on hard events but the stuff Ross is doing looks downright horrible TBH.

Here’s another interesting MZ. Try getting one now.
MZ 250 GE
mz__ge_250_1989_1_lgw.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gallant try I thought - a lot more challenging than it might first appear, although easy for us to critique from the comfort of an armchair.

The great/experienced riders breeze through, perfectly capable of managing momentum with the odd dab & arrive at days end, reasonably fresh. The beginners expend so much energy trying to paddle their way through the observed stages, despondent after losing 5 points early on, they get totally knackered by lunchtime on day one.

RN looked like he needed some serious enduro training, to deal better with the transitional riding, as well as far more trials experience - probably pretty difficult with his busy schedule. Having done a bit of trials riding, admittedly 20 years back on a GasGas, I well remember the challenge of 4 laps in a trial, in snow/mud/rain, as a beginner. It gets easier, but needs aptitude, training time & fitness.

he look like he had been on a diet of chips and pies , would have had a better chance if he went faster on the trail sections. it was a lot harder than he thought, as for his turn to camera moments what a load of bollocks...... best stick to the enduro events !

It looked bloody hard work and his mate was clearly getting pretty annoyed with him. I'm not keen on him as a comedian and his pieces to camera were no exception. His tour manager seems much funnier than he is.

oh dear

Its a shame Ross took up a place that a more talented and committed rider could have had.
If his riding ability matched his comedy its a wonder he didnt fall off in the car park.

Its a shame Ross took up a place that a more talented and committed rider could have had.
If his riding ability matched his comedy its a wonder he didnt fall off in the car park.

A bit harsh - plenty of us have actually fallen off in a Car Park.

Surely RNs contribution was significant for other reasons. OK he made a bit of a 'horlicks' of it, but the SSDT has received media coverage & profile that will surely attract tourists/spectators next May to see this amazing event. I just hope it doesn't become a victim of success, as we see in Skye on occasion.

dont think he made a great effort to increase the crowds at the next event ,with humor and cheeky smile to camera . best to stick to comedy if that his thing . his trainer look as if he just wanted to feck off and leave him . a bit harsh maybe but it is true . this may just be harder than it looks no shit !!!!!!

Ah sorry. Didn’t realise there were two events. The craic is always great on hard events but the stuff Ross is doing looks downright horrible TBH.

Here’s another interesting MZ. Try getting one now.
MZ 250 GE
mz__ge_250_1989_1_lgw.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cracker of an MZ! What's the story behind it?

Back
Top Bottom