WTF has happened to Nottingham?

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Jesus H. Corbett I thought Lincoln City council were fcuking clueless but your lot make them look lime beacons of forward thinking.

What have they done to your once wonderful city?

Awwww......did you get lost?

Or are you referring to the centre turning into one hoooooge temple to the buy, buy, buy deity?

Andres

Jesus H. Corbett I thought Lincoln City council were fcuking clueless but your lot make them look lime beacons of forward thinking.

What have they done to your once wonderful city?

I think Robin Hood and his merry men moved out a few years ago .

Went there today to do some Christmas shopping and barely recognised the place. The fabulous bus station is being demolished, the Cosy Teapot and Cafe Hockley have gone, in fact I couldn't find a greasy spoon for my bacon roll anywhere in the city centre, it's pedestrianised round the railway station and all the decent independent shops have disappeared & been replaced by nowt or big brands that I can buy anywhere.
AND..........all the pasty shops have gone. :mad:

Oh and yes. I did get lost last time I took the car and tried to park at the Victoria Centre

Well, I hear you brother. Buuuuut........there are still loads of indies around about in Hockley (where the old Hockley Cafe was) and, if anything, that area is getting better (although not everybody would agree.......). Also, Derby Road up to and around Canning Circus has some nice bits.......The rest of the shopping is shit though with the Victoria centre almost joining on to the Broadmarsh making one fecking horrid, giant, shopping centre.

You are joking about the bus station though aren't you? :eek: That whole development in the 60's, along with Maid Marion way is one of the worse parts of Nottingham. Full stop. Especially when you consider the beautiful old buildings they demolished to build it all :(

Anyway, your fault for going Christmas Shopping :D

Andres

They have a hatred of cars and will make you pay dearly for choosing to come in the car (I dont mean the lack of parking facilities, I mean every time they 'improve' the roads its to make life harder for cars). Look at Canal Street, and Castle Boulevard which are now just jokes for traffic.

Interestingly Intu have now bugged out and sold both Victoria Centre and Broad Marsh, which will raise concerns over whether any Broadmarsh long overdue refurbishment will ever happen.

I agree with Andres though on the good bits :thumb2

RBW.

They have a hatred of cars and will make you pay dearly for choosing to come in the car (I dont mean the lack of parking facilities, I mean every time they 'improve' the roads its to make life harder for cars). Look at Canal Street, and Castle Boulevard which are now just jokes for traffic.

Interestingly Intu have now bugged out and sold both Victoria Centre and Broad Marsh, which will raise concerns over whether any Broadmarsh long overdue refurbishment will ever happen.

I agree with Andres though on the good bits :thumb2

RBW.

I didn't know that re Intu......... that's a bit of a worry given the state of the Broadmarsh area and the works already started.

The traffic thing I sort of get.........public transport is pretty good in Nottingham so if they can dissuade car use there is a more or less viable alternative. A lot of it though I'm very cynical about and don't get me started on the working place parking levy thing!

I pretty much hate going into notts unless I go for a breakfast meet,
In the car I head for the royal hotel??????
Near rock city.
Unfortunately,the time of year is beckoning the “shopping trip”.
In on the bike,wizz round and home.
Job done:comfort

It will be easier to get into than Lincoln this weekend with the Xmas market starting tomorrow and park & ride costing £15 :eek:

Guess who has to take the other half to the hairdressers Friday morning :blast

I stopped going a couple of years back, it was oppressive, just feels wrong, not a nice place to be.

Funny that it started to be a lot better about ............. a couple of years ago I reckon :augie

It will be easier to get into than Lincoln this weekend with the Xmas market starting tomorrow and park & ride costing £15 :eek:

Guess who has to take the other half to the hairdressers Friday morning :blast

Lincoln is a pain at the best of times - 10,000 coaches and 20 million visitors this weekend should make it even easier to get around!
Xmas market? Giant car boot sale more like!

Lincoln is a pain at the best of times - 10,000 coaches and 20 million visitors this weekend should make it even easier to get around!
Xmas market? Giant car boot sale more like!

Just watching the Lincoln market being reported on, on the tellybox........Looks like a Police State, barriers, the Police have a stand, coppers everywhere, CCTV bollocks everywhere.....I have not, nor will I ever participate in such shite.....Truly fucking awful.

Just watching the Lincoln market being reported on, on the tellybox........Looks like a Police State, barriers, the Police have a stand, coppers everywhere, CCTV bollocks everywhere.....I have not, nor will I ever participate in such shite.....Truly fucking awful.

But then look who lives in Lincolnshire

Back
Top Bottom