Crush washers

Disaster Area

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just a quick query: Does anyone know what size/diameter/thickness/material the crush washers are for the oil drain and final drive plugs on an 1100?

I want to change the lubrication over the weekend.

Thanks,

DA

Well it looks like 14mm, probably available at any motor factors, will be a lot cheaper than going MM or JS

16mm for engine drain plug - available from Beals, as are all other sizes for about £2.50 a hundred.

Thanks for all of the replies - I know that this is a stupid question, but does the thickness of the washer matter?

Thicker washer will be soft for longer as you tighten the drain plug so probably better than a thin one. But when I drained my oil then realised I’d not got a new washer simply heating it with a blow torch was enough. Obviously not too hot (it’s not copper). But no leaks until the next oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16mm for engine drain plug - available from Beals, as are all other sizes for about £2.50 a hundred.

Sorry to pop in unannounced but are the sizes for a 2013 oil cooled R1200 Gsa ,

Engine Drain Plug: 16mm
Gearbox Fill: 18mm
Gearbox Drain: 14mm
Final Drive Fill 14mm
Final Drive Drain: 14mm

and would it be possible to confirm if these are external washer sizes or internal ?

Sorry to pop in unannounced but are the sizes for a 2013 oil cooled R1200 Gsa ,

Engine Drain Plug: 16mm
Gearbox Fill: 18mm
Gearbox Drain: 14mm
Final Drive Fill 14mm
Final Drive Drain: 14mm

and would it be possible to confirm if these are external washer sizes or internal ?

They are internal sizes...
Look at the bottom of the link I posted, The 1200 sizes are mentioned in detail :thumb

Back
Top Bottom