Touring pannier scuff. How to remove it?

tanneman

Incomplete Arse
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi. A few years ago I scuffed the pannier against a white car. I'm trying to remove the paint residue from the scuff. How can I get it off. The bike is a R1100S with touring panniers to give you an idea it is a plastic black pannier, same as those fitted R1100/1150 bikes. Thanks in advance.

WD40 on a microfibre cloth and some patience will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitromores? Put on locally with cotton buds or something?

Thanks, I will give it a go. Bloody idiot with his car :D

Hi. A few years ago I scuffed the pannier against a white car. I'm trying to remove the paint residue from the scuff. How can I get it off. The bike is a R1100S with touring panniers to give you an idea it is a plastic black pannier, same as those fitted R1100/1150 bikes. Thanks in advance.

Try some solvent cleaner inside the case. If it’s polypropylene nothing should touch it. ABS won’t be safe so be careful.
If plastic is safe, just soak some tissue paper in solvent and press it over the area. Don’t rub it around too much as thinned paint can be a booger to fully remove.

Try some solvent cleaner inside the case. If it’s polypropylene nothing should touch it. ABS won’t be safe so be careful.
If plastic is safe, just soak some tissue paper in solvent and press it over the area. Don’t rub it around too much as thinned paint can be a booger to fully remove.
Exactly my thinking. Yes, I think the outer 'door' of the panniers is pp

Back
Top Bottom