Mugello 2018

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
Any particular must do's for a riding trip to Mugello in June next year ?

Will take a fairly direct route to Geneva (some of the group are getting bikes shipped to Geneva to save a day), then just deciding what passes to do (Susten & Furka). Not really that fussed about doing Stelvio again.

Will probably try and squeeze in the Ducati factory tour if we can get tickets too.

Also any benefits of hindsight for those that have been to the GP would be appreciated. Is seated in a stand better ? Any recommendations for where to stop over (happy to travel to circuit up to an hour).

Many thanks for any intelligence :thumb2

RBW.

If you are travelling to Geneva, then Route De Grande Alpes will be good if the high passes are open, that's our plan A for 2018. We tried the Ducati factory tour a couple of years ago but we went on the Monday after the race and they had a double (Monday & Tuesday) bank holiday that week, so we visited the museum but not the factory. We had non seated tickets last time, we were rammed like sardines on a bank side from 07.30 with hardly a blade of grass to spare, the atmosphere was fantastic but we're booking seats for next year. If you're after hotels then you would probably need to be away from the circuit probably as far as Bologne for reasonable prices, Mugello is all about camping in the circuit and taking in the whole experience of the weekend, it's a great place with a great atmosphere, but you need to be staying on site.

Stayed in Florence, not a long ride to the track (1hr?) we went earlyish and was fine parking, coming out was a nightmare, chaos and feckin roasting. We had stand tickets next to Rossi fans, excellent crack, with giant screen in front and own private clean bogs

Stayed here in 2016:-

Locanda dei Cinque Cerri
Via Val di Setta 121
Località Cinque Cerri
Sasso Marconi
IT

Good value, Excellent food and the biggest bottle of beer I've ever seen, its also a wedding venue so very pretty surroundings and the staff where great. Access to the motorway within minutes, I'm sure it was well under the hour to the track. Book Tickets in the Aribbiatta stand 1 or 2 Fabulous view of most of the track, large screens with its own entrance. When leaving head south as the Aribbiatta is at the southern end of the track and double back if needed. Save some water for the ride out, if you do get snarled up in traffic it can take a few hours to be released and you will be glad of a drink. One of the best viewing tracks, fabulous atmosphere and vista, one of my 'pinch me is this real moments' when finding our seats turning round and seeing the track and crowds laid out in front of us. A truly wonderful day.

Be aware that you can't buy tickets for just the Friday other than for the Arrabiata stand & these (I think) can only be bought at the circuit.
The view from this stand is magnificent.
We stayed in Florence (at a cheap airport hotel with free, secure, underground parking) & it took us about 45 minutes to get to the circuit & about an hour to get back.
Most of the traffic will be heading towards the motorway so plot a route that avoids that & you should be okay.
Join in the post race, on-circuit celebrations & allow time to see Valentino make an appearance, regardless of where he finishes (if he finishes!).
Be prepared for some annoying feck to have taken the blade off a chainsaw & rev the poor machine within an inch of it's life all weekend.
Whatever happens you'll have a ball.

*Edit, I've just seen, that's 2 votes for Arrabiatta. :thumb2

Thank you so much Timaloy, fantic156, dozz, trancey & theoneandonly. :thumb2

Have circulated replies to the group to help with the planning.

RBW.

If you are travelling to Geneva, then Route De Grande Alpes will be good if the high passes are open, that's our plan A for 2018. We tried the Ducati factory tour a couple of years ago but we went on the Monday after the race and they had a double (Monday & Tuesday) bank holiday that week, so we visited the museum but not the factory. We had non seated tickets last time, we were rammed like sardines on a bank side from 07.30 with hardly a blade of grass to spare, the atmosphere was fantastic but we're booking seats for next year. If you're after hotels then you would probably need to be away from the circuit probably as far as Bologne for reasonable prices, Mugello is all about camping in the circuit and taking in the whole experience of the weekend, it's a great place with a great atmosphere, but you need to be staying on site.

I rode to the Mugello MotoGP this year and Val D'Isere was still closed!

On this topic - I've booked a ticket for next year again.
I believe you can get into the circuit to camp on the Thursday afternoon but can you still camp there on the Sunday night and leave Monday????

Take ear plugs to the race!

There is a culture at Mugello of bringing engines, bolting them to pallets (or whatever) sticking a 'his masters voice' ear trumpet speaker thing on the outlet manifold and revving the fuck out of it. They bring them in on wheel barrows and the like. At first its funny and all part of the atmosphere, and generally .... it is all good fun. But after a while, fuck me does it get on your tits!! It is properly loud .... !!

Take ear plugs to the race!

There is a culture at Mugello of bringing engines, bolting them to pallets (or whatever) sticking a 'his masters voice' ear trumpet speaker thing on the outlet manifold and revving the fuck out of it. They bring them in on wheel barrows and the like. At first its funny and all part of the atmosphere, and generally .... it is all good fun. But after a while, fuck me does it get on your tits!! It is properly loud .... !!

Outlet manifold? :jes:jes:jes

:D

Well whatever the fucking exhaust part of an engine is ??! (I am no mechanic by any stretch .. !)

(These things have no 'exhaust pipe' as such ... just a feck off trumpet ... )

I rode to the Mugello MotoGP this year and Val D'Isere was still closed!

Fingers crossed for a warmer start to the year in 2018. Did you ride down the RDGA and avoid Val D'Isere?

Fingers crossed for a warmer start to the year in 2018. Did you ride down the RDGA and avoid Val D'Isere?

I rode Route D'Napoleon instead as I'd ridden RDGA the year before and didn't plan to it again this year but I happened to be in Albertville so went for it but found Val D'Isere closed. I ended up in Castellane and then headed over to Pisa and stayed the next night in Scarperia near the Mugello circuit. I'll try it again next year.

Back
Top Bottom