Oh Yes....
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
eBay listing no - 322931296711
Located in Londinium...

:thumb

( not mine just posting up here....) ;)

As these are rarer than hens teeth :beerjug:

If photo 1 is his then i think it was advertised about a year ago, the rider having taken it on a trip to italy or somewhere.

Vines used to sell off a lot of the ex- ors stuff but given its age that wouldnt worry me.

The sh is reassuring, though i would want to check out this coolant leak issue. I've never had a hose fail on me, so not sure what's going on there.

Been a couple of tidy xcountrys up on ebay recently. If i had space . . . . :green gri

Doing a bit more investigation on this bike and checking the BMW VIN yields the following :

Vehicle Identification Number WB101650X8XA82928
Type 0165
Model G650x He - EUR
Development Code K15
Engine 1-ZYL
Displacement 0.65
Power 39
Drivetrain KET
Transmission MECH
Color Auraweiss Zierl --/ - 696
Upholstery Nicht Gemeldet - 0000
Production Plant BERLIN
Production Date 2007-09-06

Options
377 Su Sticker Roadside Assistance Su Hws Bereitschaftsdienst
380 Su Owner Manual German Su Betriebsanl.deutsch
524 Sa Abs Electronic Sa Abs Elektronisch

With a manufacture date of September 2007 and the fact that it was supplied with a German owners manual , then only registered in the UK in January 2009 would the consensus be it was therefore likely an import ?

Also looking at the MOT history with a report of steering movement being notchy at only 1893 miles and distorted wheel bead rims at 2162 miles could also suggest an Off Road School bike ?

I've been promised some close up Hi-Res photos today and as I would completely strip it and re-build it , as long as it average to good condition I would probably go for it depending on of course the price ;-)

I agree with Gareth that the coolant leak needs further investigation as from the photo is appears it could be coming from the radiator and dripping down on the coolant pipe - if so not a cheap fix.....

Ok - just spoken to my man at BMW and he has confirmed this was originally a German Show bike but was never registered until it came to the UK in 2009 . It was bought as a BMW ORS bike and has had a pile of claims back in 2009/2010 for head bearings , wheels , front shocks , wheel bearings , exhaust etc etc

Looks a decent basic bike (other than the addition ofbarkbusters). Would cost a bit to kit out if that was the buyers intention. Price would need to reflect the rad/hose situation which is difficult to gauge without seeing it. Wouldnt be surprised if it ended up going abroad.

John - will pm you re my guesstimate :rolleyes:

and so the strip down and refurbishment begins......

39151856591_6bef8c26af_b.jpg

It's missing a seat!:D

Looks like its got ABS fitted. Are you planning on keeping it or removing it? I have one where i have disconnected it (flexi pipe from handlebar to frame mounted joint was fraying), but not removed the whole system yet. MOT outcome may steer what i do as the abs light is permanently on.

It's missing a seat!:D

Looks like its got ABS fitted. Are you planning on keeping it or removing it? I have one where i have disconnected it (flexi pipe from handlebar to frame mounted joint was fraying), but not removed the whole system yet. MOT outcome may steer what i do as the abs light is permanently on.

Hi Gareth - I've got the seat lol , had removed it to put a new battery on . It is an ABS bike and I think for now I am going to leave it on as I do not intend to use this one for serious off road riding . First job is top remove a DataTool alarm which has been grafted to the wiring harness

Back
Top Bottom