Where to fit FZ1 Fuzeblock - 2011 F650 GS

burgman

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good protected spot for mounting a fuze block near the front of the bike ? It would appear best place due to proximity of battery and where most of the gizmos being attached (sat nav, safety camera , usb charger and led spot lights ) . I wondered if there was sufficient height/ room between centre panel and air box behind air filter cover ? Any help much appreciated .

Mine is under the fairing, to the right of the battery, this isn't my picture, but the location is right - only difference, I've got mine going left to right rather than bottom to top.

I've fixed it down with some velcro type stuff on the bottom...

attachment.php

Damon

Thanks Damon , bit of a hassle if you have to change a fuse but I guess that its only 3 screws to remove panel or can you get at it by just removing front top and pulling away ? Anyone any idea if white plug/ socket shown at top of battery is a good switched power source ?

Thanks
Burgman

I believe that's generally classed as the sat nav connector it stays live for approx 30 secs after you turn the ignition off. Its on the can circuit not sure what amps its designed to handle but Ive used it as a trigger for my spots & sat nav

AL

My wife’s bike has it fitted under the “tank” as above but it’s in the middle on the rider’s side of the battery. There’s just enough clearance for it to fit without distorting the body panel. No pic I’m afraid.

Thanks Damon , bit of a hassle if you have to change a fuse but I guess that its only 3 screws to remove panel or can you get at it by just removing front top and pulling away ? Anyone any idea if white plug/ socket shown at top of battery is a good switched power source ?

Thanks
Burgman

I undid the whole panel the first couple of times, but after that I found out I can pull it far enough away to disengage the velcro & bring the block into the open.

D

Anyone any idea if white plug/ socket shown at top of battery is a good switched power source ?

Thanks
Burgman

Yes, this is what I've got as my switched source - it only needs to provide enough power to switch the relay & does that admirably!

D

Many thanks lads and I bought the canbus connector for the switched power so good to go . Just a quickie - on a Canbus system why are there three wires ? 1) Pos , 2) neutral / ground plus 3) a.n. other......Also if anyone is interested there's a chap selling 1050 HD NextBase bike safety cameras on e bay for £110 - they normally run out around £250 so just bought my xmas pressie !

Chalky723 "I've fixed it down with some velcro type stuff on the bottom..." Fixed it to what behind the panel? Thanks.

Chalky723 "I've fixed it down with some velcro type stuff on the bottom..." Fixed it to what behind the panel? Thanks.

I put the velcro on the bottom of the Fuzeblock, the other part of the velcro is on the top of the plastic that the fuzeblock is sat on - hard to explain, you'll see what I mean when you take the panel off.

D

Back
Top Bottom