Feedback request - SWM RS300R

kurienp

Reaction score
Hello Folks, Any feedback on SWM motorcycles? Got my eyes on a SWM RS 300 R that is come up for sale. How are they on maintenance? do they ask for too much attention. The other two options are:
a) KTM 450 EXC - but hear that they require a lot of maintenance
b) CRF250 L - good and reliable, but seems to be a bit underpowered to carry by 6ft 80 KG frame. And then also the weigh that people complain about.

Any feedback appreciated.

Took my GSA off-road on the salisbury plains. Hooked to off-road riding and I want a lighter bike. :)

Thanks,
K

I've only ever seen one ant the Bike Show .... There's a good review hear though :thumb2

As to your other two choices. They really are the opposite ends of a very long piece of string :p

With regards to servicing on the KTMs similar to other performance enduros the servicing you read of (my opinion) covers the bikes under race conditions/hard use. Ive had 2 husky 450s over the last 10 years green lane use that I've serviced regular oil/filters etc occasional tappet check but never followed the full schedule in the manual and had no issues. If you search you'll find plenty of info on arguments for & against smaller/bigger engine enduros. 250cc is plenty for trail riding generally lighter & will get you anywhere you need to go personally I'm a similar size to you & the 450 shifts my gut better & when conditions allow you to wind it on a bit puts a :D smile on your boat..just my take on it anyway :thumb2

Thanks everyone for your inputs so far :thumb . Decisions ... Decisions ... one thing I am sure, I don't want an underpowered bike. :)

@Nice n' Fat - thank you for that video link. Some good feedback there. there is not much available in terms of servicing ... but as with all of them, I guess, regular oil, air filter, and valve checks would be the standard.
@Q Plate - yes, it is that punch and the smile that puts on your face thatt I do not want to be lacking in.
@sanqhar - that is interesting. The SWM engine - based on a proven platform - seems to be bullet proof. If CCM have made a wise choice, that talks volumes about the engine.

Anyone has any feedback on SWM maintenance requirements?

Isn't the SWM essentially a bored out Husky TE250? If so you may find more info researching the Husky?

Interesting that CCM are using the SWM 600 lump which is essentially the same as my Husky TE630.

Andres

So it is the 500 EXC in the end :thumb thank you all for your inputs and leads

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom