Water droplets under bike 2017 TE

MaDPRoFF

Reaction score
I have noticed droplets of water and small damp patches under my bike in the garage, even after like 2 weeks of not riding, it is not the first time I have noticed this.
Sometimes there is nothing for a week then they appear, I thought at first Had a hole in the garage roof, but the droplets are under the bike and no where else.

I am thinking condensation? I only see it I think, when it has been or is very cold.

Anyone else noticed this?

Blimey , new one to me , is the garage sealed or does it have gaps in the sides , as maybe it got cold and ............. no sorry haven't got a clue .

Stick your finger in it and taste. If its sweet cancel Christmas .

Thanks for replies

Not blue, and I did stick my finger in it, feels like water, looks like Water :) I never tasted it

Cheers for that did not even know, next service might ask them to do that. :beerjug:
Usually (note that), blue is 2 year life, red is 5 years My vfr and my canal boat engines have both been flushed and run on red thereafter. I suspect BMW won't change it whilst under warranty, but it's easy sorted with just a little research to ensure compatibility.

Usually (note that), blue is 2 year life, red is 5 years My vfr and my canal boat engines have both been flushed and run on red thereafter. I suspect BMW won't change it whilst under warranty, but it's easy sorted with just a little research to ensure compatibility.

Good to know, well at the moment fingers crossed all is good, if i keep the ride long enough I will do that, all about age and injuries, if it gets to heavy in a few years, might have to go down to a lighter bike. :beerjug:

It's known as tears of corrosion and unreliability. You will become use to it...

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

No Cat, though next door neighbour has, doubt it can get in garage though, it is pretty dry in garage, tiles roof, and damp lining, nothing else really has condensation, but pretty sure it is condensation from the bike, might explain paint peeling off after a few years

Depending on the age of the bike, it could very well be a Colostomy Seal leak. Very common on this bike.

Phone the dealer and order a new seal and bag.

Back
Top Bottom