1290 super adventure s - where are the aux cables?

xantamisch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
anyone know how to get at them

seen a youtube saying they you need to remove the headlight - I had a bit of a go but wasn't sure

cheers

anyone know how to get at them

seen a youtube saying they you need to remove the headlight - I had a bit of a go but wasn't sure

cheers

The 1190 ones were (as you stand in front of the bike and look at the head light) to the right of the headlight and tucked up in the cowling - cable tied within the wiring there.

My 1290 had the sat nav wired in by the dealer but I would guess it's exactly the same lay out.

I'll try and dig out some 1190 pics .... (cos I'm sure it will be identical ... )

If they're anything like my T there will be a one switched and one unswitched behind the headlight and the same behind the charcoal canister in the space under the rear rack.

Of the two behind the headlight, on my bike anyway, the unswitched seems to feed the ciggy lighter.

So I appreciate you're asking 1290 and this is 1190, but I'd guess it wouldn't be much different .. :thumb2

If they're anything like my T there will be a one switched and one unswitched behind the headlight and the same behind the charcoal canister in the space under the rear rack.

Of the two behind the headlight, on my bike anyway, the unswitched seems to feed the ciggy lighter.

Note ciggy lighter in lower pic!

Forgot about the one under the rear seat .... good point ... ! :thumb2

yes I saw that vid but couldn't get at mine that way - think he was lucky

ended up taking the light out

quite easy - there's 2 bolts, 1 either side. You have to take the phone box thingy off to get at the right hand one

the light than comes out easily - there's a ball clamp thing at the bottom but it you pull the bottom gently if comes off easily enough.

take the quick release bolt off which hold the instruments, and take screen off so you can lift instruments out of the way (as per the vid above). you can then route the cables through the hole under the instruments and connect up behind the headlamp

Back
Top Bottom