Brown seats for my new RT?

gabriel_gs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I saw the Option 719 seats and I don't want to spend £600+ on a new set of seats (and they don't offer the backrest), so thinking of having mine recovered in brown leather...

Waiting on some quotes... I'm expecting it won't be cheap

Something like this...

rt_rown_seat_real2.jpg

rt_rown_seat_real1.jpg

Taste is a very personal thing but personally, I think the brown is appalling.

Each to their own, indeed.

I think it's nice and makes it look a little less 'Police-bikey'

I thought they looked great as soon as I saw the Blue Option 719 bike photos

Here's a better mock-up with the actual 719 seat (still only a Photoshopped backrest)...

rt_rown_seat_real3.jpg

Wow... didn't realise this would be such a opinion-splitter :)

Yeah, I liked it on the 719 bikes...

719_seats.jpg

A nice bit of coloured piping around the leather panels will add a bit of bling to it

s-l225.jpg

Cheers, but I need it done locally (I'm in Surrey) - I have a few people coming back to me to quote

The stock seat is plenty comfy enough for me.

And maybe it’s just me, but I always found the BMW motorsport colours a bit... well... crap.

At the end of the day, to me, my RT is like a luxury car for local trips and the odd visit into central London. I doubt i’ll Ever ride more than 2 hours in one go, don’t want it try and look like a sorts bike, nor will it have to carry me across continents.

It’s a nice comfy ‘posh’ bike that make every ride feel luxurious. It’s exactly what I want.

When cash allows, I’ll buy a second bike again

I like the look of genuine brown leather products and car seats could look ok if contrasting with the right paintwork, etc. Not sure it works on many bikes though. If it was gonna work, why not on a BMW? After all, they must have listened to their target market for the GS Exclusive, although I can't for the life of me imagine who it was that told them: "I rather like the GS - do you do them in brown?" Must've driven up in a Dacia Sandero!

Brown seats look great on SCramblers (certainly did on mine!) - why not an RT

Brown seats look great on SCramblers (certainly did on mine!) - why not an RT

I agree with you - the brown seat does look good on the scrambler ... I think its more earthy looking, more in context with the bikes image. The brown seats on the blue RT look ok .. maybe a darker shade would be required if it were mine.
But, brown and white don't really 'go' together .. ask your wife .. women definitely have a better sense of colour co-ordination than us mere males.

edit:just shown my wife the pic's that you posted .... that brown looks rubbish she said - far better with black. I suggested a colour stripe on the tank / panels and she said that if you must. go for a dark blue decal line and then do the seat to match. ( she has seen the blue RT, so thats where that comes from)

Hmm...

I think this idea is a non-starter

2 quotes have come in and frankly they’re not far off the cost of a new set of seats.

I don’t like it THAT much

Ah well, i’ll focus on some cheaper toys!

(I still think it looks great though :) )

I think the touch of gold from the forks is nice enough... gold wheels might be a bit far.

I've now had 3 quotes to do all 3 pieces in vinyl... £600, '£200-ish' and £200

I'm gonna go see my local '£200 quote' guy and see what materials he has.

Back
Top Bottom