GSA Low Seat

shatnersbassoon

Reaction score
Hi All,

Anybody have any suggestions for a comfy seat that is a little lower than the standard GSA seat?
I'm not that tall and can manage the bike most of the time. But with a pillion and the suspension in the 2-up mode, it's quite a reach at times.

I've tried the low Sargent seat on a previous standard GS, and wasn't impressed. A bit like sitting on a plank of wood!
Is the BMW lower seat any good?

Cheers, Matt

I have the BMW low seat on my GS, and find it comfortable, did 714 miles one day on it, in plus 35 C temperature’s,with no problems. I also have an Airhawk, but found it cancels out the benefits of the low seat, because it raises you that little bit higher.

I also have an Airhawk, but found it cancels out the benefits of the low seat, because it raises you that little bit higher.

I think it just feels like it. I have mine with so little air in it you can push it down flat with a finger tip using almost no pressure. But when you put a big wide fat arse on it, it does the business. Still feels like it's too high though.

I have tried 2 options that might suit.

The standard GS seat is lower than the standard GSA seat. I find it a little more comfortable and they are easy to get hold of.

Or, the standard height Touratech comfort seat is the same height as the standard GS, ie. lower than the standard GSA seat. It took a lot of breaking in, but is now as comfortable as a seat with an Airhawk.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I've ordered the BMW low seat, so hopefully that and the airhawk should make the difference when the bike's loaded up.

Shame BMW don't do a seat to match the colours of the one it's replacing though, but I won't see it when I'm sat on it :)

What colour have you got?

I've got a standard grey/black GSA seat from a 2014my bike that was professionally trimmed using the OE cover after having had 30mm shaved out of the foam

You're welcome to try it :augie

Paul

What colour have you got?

I've got a standard grey/black GSA seat from a 2014my bike that was professionally trimmed using the OE cover after having had 30mm shaved out of the foam

You're welcome to try it :augie

Paul

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the offer, but already ordered the black one.
It's a white GSA, so might not look too bad with a black seat. Might replace the pillion one with a black seat if the new one turns out to be comfortable.

Cheers, Matt

Hi that is what i am looking for as i am 29 inside leg and streching badly to stay up. I have 14 gsa lc grey black. Would be interested in your seat .

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Hi Matt.

How are you getting on with the BMW low seat on your GSA LC. I have the same challenge as you and am thinking of trying one.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Matt.

How are you getting on with the BMW low seat on your GSA LC. I have the same challenge as you and am thinking of trying one.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

The low seat has been great so far. Not done any really long trips on it yet, but although it's got less padding than the original seat, it doesn't feel uncomfortable. I have a bit of room to use an airhawk too now without being too far off the ground!

Regarding the height, it's made me much less nervous when coming to a stop on a road with some weird camber.
I'm also using it with some seat lowering cams which drop the front of the seat another 10mm, so that helps too.

Cheers
Matt

hi matt, was just wondering did you get sorted with a seat as am thinking of doing the same on my 2018 gsa low???
cheers
michael

hi matt, was just wondering did you get sorted with a seat as am thinking of doing the same on my 2018 gsa low???
cheers
michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, I've been using the low seat for a while now. Much better.
Also using seat lowering cams to lower it a bit more.
Mine is a standard height GSA, so not sure how low that would make a low chassis GSA.

Cheers, Matt

Thanks for the suggestions.
I've ordered the BMW low seat, so hopefully that and the airhawk should make the difference when the bike's loaded up.

Shame BMW don't do a seat to match the colours of the one it's replacing though, but I won't see it when I'm sat on it :)

If you need a little bit more room for your legs, these footrests are awesome, have them on my bike, you have 3 positions to mess around with, give you about an extra 3 cms in leg comfort on lowest setting, and the rubber inserts protect your boots.

https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/product/r1200gsgsa-lc-adjustable-footrests-gold/

Back
Top Bottom