Looking for a used replacement laptop

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
All I need is go pro editing and updating my Gurmin 595 and some browsing.

The video editing leads me to think a MacBook Pro may be best but what should I spend and what year is a safe bet?

big fast powerful I7 machine with plenty of ram and a SSD with another hdd for storage unless you get one with a big SSD then no need for extra storage

I am in the same boat, looking for a new or maybe a used laptop. Not sure whether to go for a high-end Windows 10 machine or a MacBook Pro. After having a 17" laptop, I think I would prefer 15" for portability to be honest.

I am in the same boat, looking for a new or maybe a used laptop. Not sure whether to go for a high-end Windows 10 machine or a MacBook Pro. After having a 17" laptop, I think I would prefer 15" for portability to be honest.

Personally I'd say it depends on OS taste.

If you really want macOS buy a MacBook pro otherwise I'd recommend going for a Win 10 machine.

I've had a couple of MacBook pros but when I looked at a new one I just couldn't see the value in the new touch bar etc. Also they max out at 16GB of RAM which isn't enough for me any more so I went for a Dell XPS 15 and it's very good.

Build quality isn't quite as good as Apple but it's not far off and the QHD infinity edge display is stunning.

Thanks Robk, I'll take a look at that one.

No problem, if you decide to buy one, get it from the Dell UK online store.

Fill your basket with what you want then contact a Dell Agent via chat and ask for a discount code. They'll ask you to email your basket to them and they will give you a discount based on what you are buying.

I got 15% discount doing that.

No problem, if you decide to buy one, get it from the Dell UK online store.

Fill your basket with what you want then contact a Dell Agent via chat and ask for a discount code. They'll ask you to email your basket to them and they will give you a discount based on what you are buying.

I got 15% discount doing that.

Brilliant! Thanks again :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom