GS 1150 won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

robsonthejob

Reaction score
Hi folks - my 2003 GS 1150 will not start. It played up last summer would not start then decided to start. Few weeks back the battery died. Replaced that with a monster but still wouldn't turn over properly. Read the threads re starter motor replaced that now it turns over fine on the button but won't start. I can hear the fuel pump running ok. Pulled the plugs out and no sparks at all. I've read out the hes sensors but it's only done 10k miles. Any ideas where to check next guys would be appreciated I'm at loss - thanks !!!!

Been 2 of us looking for days at this. Pulled apart connectors etc looking for corrosion etc but nothing. It was a real pampered pooch before I bought it and it's been a sunny day toy since. 😭

If you're getting no spark at all then the Hall Sensors would be my guess. Steptoe will be along shortly to tell you how to test them, I expect. I believe it's the age of the woring and the temperatures it has been exposed to, rather than the mileage, that affects HS longevity - but I may be talking bollocks...

So.... Can the hes be rewired ie solder new wires in as I can do that, new sensors appear expensive. Anyone in the UK refurb them quick Google did not show anyone.

If you're getting no spark at all then the Hall Sensors would be my guess. Steptoe will be along shortly to tell you how to test them, I expect. I believe it's the age of the woring and the temperatures it has been exposed to, rather than the mileage, that affects HS longevity - but I may be talking bollocks...

Mike has hit the nail on the head really, the mileage is not of prime importance. You can get a replacement from this chap in Greece (who I've used & they work fine @ £95) or another choice may be this bloke in Croatia who supplies the sensors only but I have no info on him but they're only just under £40.

Ok sounds good watched some YouTube video on this seems not to bad to do but you need some fancy electronic box to set the timing at tdc again can you hire one ??

Rob,
Just scribe a line round the edge of the existing p[late when you remove it. New plate will go back in the same place.
Also check the lower pulley, as the drive for the disk with the firing cutouts relies on a mall tang to drive it

Best of luck
Neil

Thanks everyone will do the order later and let you all know - thanks very much for your help 😀

Hi mate, I have a pair of Honeywell sensors I bought off here when there was a group buy. In the end I didn't use them. I didn't trust my rebuilding skills! I bought a plate from the Greek guy and more recently a Qtech plate from German ebay.
If you are up to rebuilding your plate you are welcome to mine.

Regards.

Hi soldering I'm fine with how do the sensors attach to the plate ? - thanks ps where are you based ?

Hi gorilla I'll have them off you let me know what you want for PNP - site doesn't let me send PM's.........

I'd do two things first!

1. Subscribe - you've already had your £12 of value in replies :D
2. MAKE SURE IT'S THE HALL SENSORS BEFORE SPENDING ANY MONEY

Mike:p

As Mike 0..
Check / by-pass your side stand switch and also the kill switch..simple things first :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom