Extended warranty

If it’s corroding that probably won’t affect its utility but will affect its value when you take it back.
Looks like a leaking final drive won’t be an issue but a cruddy one might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's a bit early in the day for it but I just did some sums.

My bike is 12 years old with 47K. Had I purchased an extended warranty at today's price of £39 per month for 10 years it would have cost me £4680 to date.

I've had a few expenses such as a fuel pump controller and ring antenna but that's pretty much it in terms of what I could claim from a warranty. The only significant issue as previously mentioned was the ABS pump but BMW donated a replacement as a goodwill gesture when the bike was just under 5 years old.

Had I purchased the warranty I may have had peace of mind over some repairs but would now be in daily turmoil over the wasted 4 grand.

Just had a letter from motorrad asking if I’d like the extension on my warranty for a year at £39 pm
What’s the thoughts on necessity of this as I’ll be giving it back in 1 year for a new one.
Considering they haven’t done squat for me so far with the 2 year warranty that comes with a new bike.

If BMW designed their bikes properly they’d not need an extended warranty.
Looks like they had a plan. Hey lads, Let’s have just enough expensive blow ups to scare the punters. Not too much (we have a reputation) but just enough to flog and extended warranty at just shy of £500 per year. Let’s call it £39 per month. Don’t be greedy now.

Do you lend out your silver ball?

Not required. Just chant the mantra: "if I don't need it, I won't buy it; if I don't need it, I won't buy it.....". Extended warranties are of course always a gamble, unless you're the insurer!

Back
Top Bottom