Original exhaust modification

Good idea.........how long did it take to do.
Wonder how long before it siezes or rattles itself to bits with the exaust pulses.

Good idea.........how long did it take to do.
Wonder how long before it siezes or rattles itself to bits with the exaust pulses.

3 hours.
The exhaust is now 5000 miles already on the moto and it still works perfectly, totally it has cost me 120 euro (new exhaust included!). The sound it makes now is deeper than a Akropovic. When a made the video the exhaust was brand new, so it took a wile that the heating cloth came looser.

The exhaust is now 5000 miles already on the moto and it still works perfectly, totally it has cost me 120 euro (new exhaust included!). The sound it makes now is deeper than a Akropovic. When a made the video the exhaust was brand new, so it took a wile that the heating cloth came looser.

Didn’t really notice much difference

Looks rather rough & likely to seize to me, I had an original Buell 1125R exhaust fitted with a bypass valve a few years ago, similar principle but using machined parts & a little more finesse (the exit valve was fully on show & looked great) Its noise was beefy & adjustable. Its very tempting to look at developing a machined version that does away with the threads steel on steel parts / seize risk

Back
Top Bottom