Power commander/ Techlusion/ Booster plug ???

mspenz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's none of those but I've just found a little plastic box with some wires attached hidden away on the GSA I recently bought.
One lead comes from the unmarked unit and plugs in-line into the connection between the Lambda and the bikes loom, there's another lead coming out of the unit with two wires and that seems to be spliced into the feed of the R/H injector using a piggy back type set up ( nothing attached to the left injector feed ), the unit is wired into the battery.
I was tidying up some messy wiring when I came across this and will probably remove it but I'm curios as to what make / model it is and if it even works ?
There are no LEDs or pots on the box so it has to be a very basic type of power adaptor :nenau

On an 02' single spark.

You can rule out Power Commander and Techlusion(in its many guises).

Sounds like you have a very simple fuel augmentation gizmo, which will probably fool the ECU into thinking the temperature is 10Cdeg lower than it is - so enriching the fuelling.

If you don't have any smell of fuel and consumption is fine - just leave as is?

You can rule out Power Commander and Techlusion(in its many guises).

Sounds like you have a very simple fuel augmentation gizmo, which will probably fool the ECU into thinking the temperature is 10Cdeg lower than it is - so enriching the fuelling.

If you don't have any smell of fuel and consumption is fine - just leave as is?

I've been looking but can't find anything similar anywhere. It's a messily hard wired in gizmo on a bike that's otherwise immaculate so I'll probably end up removing it and fitting a AF-XIED eventually, at least they are adjustable.
I've only used the bike a couple of times and it runs well enough but has a bit of surging (feels weak) at high revs although the end of the exhaust is black...I'll set it all back to standard (apart from fitting a Black Widow end can) and go from there. I had one of those Booster Plugs on my other 1150 and all it ever done was soot the plugs up !

Same set up as a power commander 3, does the box and a USB connector?

Same set up as a power commander 3, does the box and a USB connector?

Nope, nothing other than the 2 leads and one of which is spliced into the right side injector feed, a pretty odd looking set up :confused:

That makes no sense.

My guess would be its to compensate for pinging in one cylinder.
On my 1150g/s when I was messing about with the ecu chip and the jumper settings, it obviously reset all the fuel trims and the ( i think RH cyl) started pinging.
Eventually replaced both throttle bodies c/w injectors from a 20K mile bike, problem solved immediately. I suspect clogged up injector.

Wouldnt be surprised if this is a fudge for the same problem.

Pics

Looks like this. It's meant to be hard wired into the injector feed but a previous owner after stripping off the sheathing decided that it would be better to wire it into a link wire, this would have been a good idea except that the injector plug end was open to the elements and everything was very green and corroded in there :blast

P1010698.jpg

That looks like a Techlusion R259 with the label missing

Excellent thanks :thumb2

I opened it and there are indeed 4 pots inside but now need to decide if it's worth tidying and re-fitting.
I already have an AF-XIED on my other 1150 (twin spark), it runs nicely and returns 50mpg while travelling but the new bike is a single spark and I haven't had a chance to use it properly yet so I'll have to experiment.

Mike.

Agreed R259. TTS at Silverstone set mine up on the dyno. It can be done from the book or you use a multimeter to as you adjust each setting. I was told it works by holding the injector open for a millisecond longer increasing the fuelling. I doubt you'll get 50mpg using it. All the plugs look standard for the techlusion.

yes thats a tech 259 i have one found it at an autojumble not yet fitted but i will be after new clutch goes in, next couple of weeks:thumby:

yes thats a tech 259 i have one found it at an autojumble not yet fitted but i will be after new clutch goes in, next couple of weeks:thumby:

Completely remove it from the plastic case and have a look at the circuitry on the back, my one has been leaking through the grommet and there's a lot of green / corrosion on there so there's a good chance that it doesn't even work now :blast

yes mspenz good shout to have a close look at the mcb water ingress knackers these also i would imagine that if the unit is cable tied to the frame
they could suffer from vibration damage so mine may be stuffed but i will fit it see what happens

Back
Top Bottom