Old steamer

Magwa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I've owned 5 previous hinckley trumpets so here's number 6
this one's a big cumbersome beast but
goes very well.
I've got to strip / rebuild the rear "sticking " caliper but that's all I can find to do.
Along with fitting a cetek charger lead:thumb2
20171128_131445.jpg

I thought the "Steamer" only referred to the Tiger?

Health to ride they are a great bike is it a 900 or a 1200?

The "steamer" refers to the 855 engine as far as I know? With its ability to blow it's water pump

This is the smooth 900 model :rolleyes:

Ex Fatal of this parish and Sgt Bilco

133389.jpg

The "steamer" refers to the 855 engine as far as I know? With its ability to blow it's water pump

This is the smooth 900 model :rolleyes:

Ex Fatal of this parish and Sgt Bilco

133389.jpg

Steamer is a reference to the first generation carbed Tiger 885 motor

The 900 motor is actually an 885cc :augie

Well I've owned 5 previous hinckley trumpets so here's number 6
this one's a big cumbersome beast but
goes very well.
I've got to strip / rebuild the rear "sticking " caliper but that's all I can find to do.
Along with fitting a cetek charger lead:thumb2
20171128_131445.jpg

I had one new, back in the day

Fucking awful, top heavy bike...............with poor handling to boot

Traded it in for a new 1996 R1100GS, which was better in every single way

Enjoy...

I had one new, back in the day

Fucking awful, top heavy bike...............with poor handling to boot

Traded it in for a new 1996 R1100GS, which was better in every single way

Enjoy...

Yeap, I had a 1993 ish 1200 trophy, it was heavy and very soft front suspension
written off after 6 weeks ownership by an errant private hire taxi driver
133427.jpg

that 900 is yr 2000, with stiffened front springs.
Vastly different feel.
but
it's this or no bike at the moment as all my monies are in a building project
The guzzi is still for sale :blast
132112.jpg

Well I've test ridden the bike properly
it's niether heavy nor poor handling
but
it's no vfr:rolleyes:

As a cheap everyday user machine it's brilliant and with its stiffened front suspension it handles well for its size:thumb

Hey it's a very nice bike, and handles OK , it's no Fireblade I'll admit. Talk of sellers remorse, I enjoyed riding it for a few years, twas a tear in my eye when Sgt Bilco took it away :D
But I was finding it a bit too heavy for my wreck of an arthritic body :(

Hey it's a very nice bike, and handles OK , it's no Fireblade I'll admit. Talk of sellers remorse, I enjoyed riding it for a few years, twas a tear in my eye when Sgt Bilco took it away :D
But I was finding it a bit too heavy for my wreck of an arthritic body :(

It's only heavy with engine off pushing around the garage;)
& putting it on the centre stand is a knack
but
nice machine.
I've still to sell the motoguzzisport :blast

I kept coming back to the advert and really wanted to get in touch. BUT that colour scheme is the marmite element!
Buy it.
Get a Baglux tank cover and cover the rest with vinyl / extra wide 'silage tape' (just very wide insulating tape).
Ride it.
When done - remove these and sell it. :thumb2
.. well it's what i'd do if i could even make an offer :nenau - sod the colours - that is one lovely Guzzi :D

I kept coming back to the advert and really wanted to get in touch. BUT that colour scheme is the marmite element!

I think you will find the reality.
Eg, in the flesh (not on photograph)
The Gulf colour scheme is far better.
I had concerns but one look and I bought it :cool:
After all
we're both in mid wales :thumb

Colour maybe is a bit Marmite, but when I choose it I did and still do really think it suits the bike. Having said that it really is a well sorted bike. I spent far in excess of Steve's asking price for the bike. I am amazed that it hasn't sold, but then again I know the time and money that went into this bike. Even if you had it repainted it would still be good value for money.

When I first bought the bike with a view to renovating it, my intention was to do it as a keeper and money wasn't an issue. It was the first bike I'd renovated for years and the bug bit, so to enable me to do it again I needed to sell this one.
I honestly believe you'd be hard pushed to find a nicer 1200 sport for that money.

Colour maybe is a bit Marmite, but when I choose it I did and still do really think it suits the bike. Having said that it really is a well sorted bike. I spent far in excess of Steve's asking price for the bike. I am amazed that it hasn't sold, but then again I know the time and money that went into this bike. Even if you had it repainted it would still be good value for money.

When I first bought the bike with a view to renovating it, my intention was to do it as a keeper and money wasn't an issue. It was the first bike I'd renovated for years and the bug bit, so to enable me to do it again I needed to sell this one.
I honestly believe you'd be hard pushed to find a nicer 1200 sport for that money.

Yes agreed
the triumph trophy 900 is a bit of a number 9 bus after the guzzi
but
needs must:rolleyes:
20171128_131445.jpg

Taking up space in the new manshed :rolleyes:
20180218_140615.jpg

And that's water from running the bike (condensation from the exhausts before you ask):thumb2

Back
Top Bottom