Ducati 250 Desmo Rebuild

New pistons (teflon coated!! Oooh!)

Attachments

• 03 new pistons.jpg
    03 new pistons.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 463
Main seals in and pistons in with a good coating of Brembo brake grease to help them bed, same with the dust seals. It all goes together lovely with that slippy grease :D

Attachments

• 04 pistons in - dust seals being fitted.jpg
    04 pistons in - dust seals being fitted.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 498
Don't forget the important little O ring to seal the caliper half's :rob

Attachments

• 05 the little O ring.jpg
    05 the little O ring.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 460
Back together with shiny new bolts and stainless steel bleed nipples - it's not tightened up yet, I'll probably do that on the bike as according to my old BMW Clymer manual the torque setting is ft-lb 43-46, Brembo themselves keep it a secret :rolleyes: :blast

Attachments

• 06 back together.jpg
    06 back together.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 459
Just seen this pop up on Ebay ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-2...971951?hash=item33e565956f:g:v0UAAOSwipdasXic

s-l1600.jpg

Very rare to see one come up on eBay Chris, it's got issues but nothing that can't be fixed, I'm very likely going for points ignition just because it's easier to maintain, I think this one needs the same

Buy it and break it :green gri

You’d certainly make money on it because parts for them are like rocking horse shit.

In the kitchen - Best place:D

I used to keep mine in my bedroom, which was the front room of a shared 2 up 2 down in Oxford, which did little for neither my love life nor my relationship with my house mates - a couple - although luckily 'he' was - and still is - a biker. They're still married - grandparents now! - and we're still in touch!

Meanwhile that does look a jolly good buy. Funnily enough I was daydreaming about my keeping my Mk III, which I owned from '76 until '78, I would have done a similar transformation.

Regs

Simon

Ducati Scrambler

Saw this up at Red Marley today, (Eater Monday as usu), thought you might like to see it... Its a 350 and was ridden pretty well.

Attachments

• P1000945.jpg
    P1000945.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 592
Saw this up at Red Marley today, (Eater Monday as usu), thought you might like to see it... Its a 350 and was ridden pretty well.

That's nice! Gotta be something useful to do on the second most boring day of the year - the other being Good Friday - as most bars were closed even here in Spain!

Simon

Still waiting for the wheels...

I didn't have much hope for the Verlicchi twist grip but it's actually turned out very nice, sometimes it's good to be plastic. The fittings were all well rusted and the rubber grip is perished to near biscuit hardness. Still, after a good clean up with a tooth brush and new stainless steel fittings it looks like new (the spring is just chrome steel). I haven't decided on grips, I think the OE Verlicchi ones with the bobbles would annoy me

Attachments

• Twist Grip Parts.jpg
    Twist Grip Parts.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 502
  • Twist Grip Made Up.jpg
    Twist Grip Made Up.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 534
Rear chain adjusters. I had intended getting the originals re chromed but after a quick clean up I found one was part stripped (bottom left, middle of the thread). A new set was found in America (Guzzino.com) and shipped over. Nice guy to deal with and fast too.

The new ones do look nice :D

Attachments

• chain adjusters.jpg
    chain adjusters.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 511
Still waiting for the wheels...

I didn't have much hope for the Verlicchi twist grip but it's actually turned out very nice, sometimes it's good to be plastic. The fittings were all well rusted and the rubber grip is perished to near biscuit hardness. Still, after a good clean up with a tooth brush and new stainless steel fittings it looks like new (the spring is just chrome steel). I haven't decided on grips, I think the OE Verlicchi ones with the bobbles would annoy me

Very nice piece of work. I suppose you know all about the hairspray trick?

Simon

Back
Top Bottom