Airport Extreme connectivity??

Skippy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Help please ...

Having bought an Aiport Extreme from these ere parts a few weeks ago, I just got around to trying to install it. How difficult can it be I thought? :blast

First off, all was working well as it was set up before, just wanted a bit better wifi coverage and the idea of attaching a hard drive for back up appealed too.

I have BT Openreach connected to broadband by a network cable and a Plusnet "box" sitting on top of that, each connected to the other by an ethernet cable. Connection to a network is possible, though not the one I had specifically set up before, now it's the Plusnet generated one. :nenau

Previously, I had a couple of the boosters that plug in to the mains connected to the Plusnet box, but want to get rid of these.

I also have an Apple Airport Express installed 3 floors below where the Openreach, Plusnet and Extreme are located. This is/was plugged in to the plug-in secondary wifi booster thingy.

Question: where do I plug the Airport Extreme in to? I tried various configs but it continuously shows the yellow flashing light (though momentarily it does show Green when putting the power cable in)?

Also, where do I now use the Airport Express, or is this redundant?

Any ideas please?

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom